Friday, April 10, 2015

The Kindness You Show

 
Hello Blogger Friends!!! Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
This week kind of got away from me. I have wanted to post a card earlier in the week but somehow it didn't happen. Ever have weeks like that??
 
We had a very nice Easter celebration here at my home. The in-laws + our next door neighbors were here for dinner. The food was plentiful and delicious.
 
I made a new brussel sprouts recipe that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. It was made with bacon, shallots and thyme. One of those keeper recipes. If anyone would like it, just let me know in your comments and I will send it along.
 
We are having a guest for the weekend so I have some household chores to do before he arrives. Nothing major since the cleaning was already done for Easter. And I kept ahead of everything during the week.
 
We are also going to Ikea today to pick up some storage stuff for my craft room. I am excited to be getting additional pieces to get this room finished. More on that later.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Color Challenge #525 on Splitcoaststampers. I am the hostess this week and we are having a bingo game. See post here for all the details. Something may be hidden in the bingo card so come and join in on the fun. Just sayin'!!!
 
 
Just like regular bingo, you can pick a horizontal or vertical row. A diagonal line might be interesting. You can even select the 4 corners for your combo, if you like. , 
 
I chose a vertical row for my colors of blushing bride, rich razzleberry, mossy meadow and pear pizzazz. I liked the contrast of greens and the mix of razzleberry against the soft pink of blushing bride.

My card uses lots of dies and background stenciling. I had this card saved on one of my Pinterest Boards and used it for my inspiration today. I added some layers and changed colors to give it my own touch.

The stenciling is done with a Heidi Swapp stencil in pear pizzazz ink. I lightly splattered some rich razzleberry ink with a toothbrush.

I used 3 Memory Box dies : My background die is the "massa leaf frame" and I cut in mossy meadow cardstock. I also used the "chloe leaf die" and cut those in pear pizzazz cardstock. My flower is the Pavilia bloom outline and background dies. I cut the background flower in rich razzleberry and the outline in white.

To complete the card I added a butterfly cut with an Elizabeth Craft die in blushing bride and the butterfly body in rich razzleberry for some contrast. Scattered some sequins cut with the MFT sequin die.

Well, that's my card for today. Time to get on with my busy day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details: 
Stamps: lotus blossom (Stampin-Up) 
Paper: blushing bride, mossy meadow, rich razzleberry, pear pizzazz, ww 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: pear pizazz, rich razzleberry 
Accessories: massa leaf frame, chloe leaf die, Pavilia bloom outline & background dies (memory Box), small butterfly (Elizabeth Crafts), sequin die ( MFT), Heidi Swapp stencil 
Techniques: stenciling 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is spring showers and or spring flowers
2.  Sister Act Card Challenge is anything goes.
3.  4 Crafty Chicks has a die cuts challenge.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Mary, this is so beautiful! I love those colors together and the flower looks like it's popping right off the card. Very pretty butterfly and background too.
    Glad you had a nice Easter. I sure wish I was going with you to Ikea today! How exciting to get new things for the craft room. Have a great day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser Mary this card is a real beauty I love the stenciling, love everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun color challenge! I love how you used all your die cuts together. Such a beautiful card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these gorgeous die cuts! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors, and that flower is simply amazing. Awesome job. Very pretty. Thanks for playing our Die Cuts Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Cheers,
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color choices and the background is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with the Diecut Challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Hugs,

    Ronda, 4CC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails