Wednesday, July 23, 2014

~celebrate your day~

 
Hello blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It was one of those laid back summer days for me. I went to the gym for a workout session with my trainer. Whew! It was a workout and I definitely was exhausted when I left the gym.
 
My hubby was on a golf outing today so when I came home I immediately tuned in to the HSN 24 hr crafting event. I bought some Martha Stewart punches and as I type this the show is still going strong. I saw a lot of things I liked and almost bought but I restrained myself (lol)!!
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #487 on Splitcoaststampers. Becky is our hostess and she chose soft sky, soft suede, pear pizzazz and crisp cantaloupe for our color palette. Our option this week is to make a feminine card.

I just bought this Penny Black stamp at the Pittsburgh Rubber Stamp Show. And, I also just watched this tutorial on the Spellbinder blog by Linda Lucas using Labels 8 dies. So that was my card inspiration.

I used soft sky for my card base and cut it with the Spellbinders labels 8 die. The next layer is soft suede cut with the Spellbinders decorative labels 8 die. The image layer is cut with a smaller Spellbinders  labels 8 die and I sponged in soft sky before I removed it from the die.

Stamped my coneflower image in crisp cantaloupe and pear pizzazz. My sentiment is stamped in soft suede and is from the Verve set "poppy birthday".

I used some rhinestones for a little bling and added a bow made from pear pizzazz seam binding.
 
That's my card for today. Time to get back to my HSN craft show........so until next time God bless.
 
Card details:
Stamps: Blush (Penny Black), Poppy Birthday (Verve) 
Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Suede, WW     
Ink: Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Soft Sky (Stampin-Up) 
Accessories: Spellbinders labels 8, Decorative labels 8, Darice Rhinestones, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, 
Techniques: Die Layering 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Deep Ocean Challenge has lots of layers.
2.  Fan-Tastic Tuesday has an anything goes.
3Party Time Tuesdays has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Ladybug Crafts has a summer flowers challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is gorgeous. I sure love all the bling-bling on your pretty card. Sent your pkg. today. :-) Have a fun and super crafty day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is stunning!!! I love the framework around that beautiful flower. The bling and bow just add to it's beauty. So lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card. Love the rhinestone touches and the lovely bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card! I love the ornate frame!! 24 hour craft specials are waaaay too dangerous! I try not to watch them! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails