Sunday, March 23, 2014

~ you are appreciated~

 
Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well today was another weigh-in day for the weight loss challenge I am involved in at my gym.
 
I was shocked this week that I lost 6 lbs. So overall I am at a 13% weight loss. I was in first place last week.  I will see how that unfolds for this week. There is one more week to go. Focus is my buzzword this week.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the inspiration challenge #433 on Splitcoaststampers. Audrie was our hostess and she chose the Flickr gallery of Ruth Bleakley for our inspiration.
 
I chose the Eagle Creek Topographic map and the blue marbled journals as my inspiration pieces. I knew I had some Stampin-Up designer paper that resembled the design of both these books and in the same colors.

The designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "venetian romance" collection. I used the island indigo pattern for my background and the calypso coral pattern for my flags.

The "thanks" word is a die from Taylored Expressions. I received it as a thanks for a recent order.

The "you are appreciated" words are from the Verve "teachers count" set. My layout is the March Week 1 Viva la Verve sketch.
 
Well, its late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crazy 4 Challenges has a free for all challenge.
2.  Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Cut It Up challenge #41 is anything goes.
4.  Sister Act Card Challenge is anything goes.
5.  Crafty Girls Challenge is anything goes.
  

8 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! A great take on the sketch.
    Good Luck on your weight loss journey. :)
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work on your challenge, Mary. I would have liked to play in that challenge but worked in the yard for 8 hrs. instead. Yes, I'm tired today.
    Great news on the weight loss. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marvelous thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Love your card - I like the paper choices!!
    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary, I love the dp you used!! You go girl I SO hope you are going to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your card is beautiful! I love that background paper you used. This was a really nice layout too. I also wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss!! That is exceptional, and I'm very proud of you. Weight loss is a tough thing to do, but it seems you are doing it well. Best of luck in achieving your goal! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your continued success!! I am sure you are feeling so much better too!
    Your card is amazing! I was not a huge fan of the DSP, but you have really made it shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails