Saturday, February 1, 2014

~retro fresh birthday~

 

 
Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Another weekend is upon us and this one happens to be Super Bowl weekend.
 
We will be going over to my son's home to watch the big game and enjoy the commercials. We usually have a big appetizer fest as well. I am not sure what I will be bringing yet. Will have to check with my daughter-in-law and see what she would like.
 
We also have tickets for the Pitt vs Virginia basketball game. That game is at 12:00. So it will be a busy Sunday for us but a fun one. And time spent with family is priceless.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my middle grandson's birthday. I also used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #463.
 
Peggy was our hostess and she chose the fun colors of tangerine tango, so saffron and coastal cabana. She also wanted us to use any wooden element on our card. I had just the designer paper with these colors with the new Stampin-Up “retro fresh” collection. I think the papers are just screaming for a funky design. So that’s the route I took.

I used the Stampin-Up chevron embossing folder on my rectangle panel. I cut a frame with the Verve scalloped frame die in brown sugar. Used a Spellbinders rectangle die cut in very vanilla for my birthday sentiment.

The birthday sentiment is a stamp set from MFT -birthday sentiments.  I cut some chevrons with the Stampin-Up circle card thinlits die in coastal cabana and layered them on my card.

 I found some Basic Grey wooden elements in my stash. I like the accent they added to my card. Thanks Peggy for choosing this dessert option.

This is a birthday card for my middle grandson, Aidin. He looks over my cards very carefully and comments on different aspects of the design. Pretty good for a young boy-wouldn’t you agree??
 
Well that's my card for today. Have to run some errands and take care fo a few things around my home. So until next time.........God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  2 Sisters has an embossing challenge.
2.  Bloggers Challenge is embossing.
3.  Crafty Catz is anything goes.
4 Fairy Tale Challenge wants us to use more than 2 colors.
5.  Sister Act has an anything goes challenge.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and I just love all your elements and details. Fantastic card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the colors Mary! The fun pieces you combined with the dp make a Wonderful card! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card and colourful. I like the way you made your embossing. Thanks for joining us at the 2 sisters challengeblog. Marijke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, love the great colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made such a lovely card in so pritty colors. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails