Monday, December 9, 2013

Merry Christmas


Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. The Christmas countdown has begun. I have so much to do and it seems like not enough days to do it all.

This calls for a plan to organize my days wisely and pack in all that I can for each day. I am about 95% completed with my decorating. Then I have my cards to address and mail out.

I make chocolate candy so that is on the agenda for this week as well as some cookie baking. I don't do a lot here but the ones I make are time intensive. I have to finish my Christmas shopping and then the presents need wrapped. 

Christmas menu needs planned and the shopping for that. I have to have all of this done by December 21st because that's when my son and his family come in from California. When my sweet little granddaughter arrives there won't be anything happening except her because she will want my undivided attention. And, I want to give that to her.

Now, let's move to my card for today so I can get cracking on my to-do list. This one I made with a new die that I bought from Memory Box. The Merry Christmas words make for a quick and easy Christmas card. Then you can embellish it however else you want. I saw this card on KittieKraft blog and used it for my inspiration. I changed the bow to a poinsettia.

I decided to use the Spellbinders poinsettia die to complete my card. I di a little sponging on the flower and leaves for some depth.

Well, it's time to end this post and get back to my Christmas list. Hope your preparations are going well. So until next time..........God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  That Craft Place has a Christmas challenge.
2.  Hiding in my craft room has a colors of Christmas challenge.
3.  Bloggers Challenge is Christmas or Hanukkah.
4.  Crafters CafĂ© wants us to use red.
5Divas By Design has a feeling festive challenge.  

10 comments:

  1. Mary, this is beautiful and I do love and need to buy that sentiment die.
    Oh, Christmas has really sneaked upon me this year. I have all the things to do that you have and not much time to get it done.
    I know you'll love your little one coming to visit.....nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love the way you did that die cut!!! Outstanding - and of course the poinsettia is just gorgeous. A beautiful card.
    I'm so glad your son and his family will be coming for Christmas. I see lots of hugs coming for that little granddaughter!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Mary! I love the colours and how you've done the sentiment… it's a fab layout and the poinsettia is stunning! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week for our Festive Challenge!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the cut out letters and the poinsettia is beautiful! I am sure you will have everything ready when sweet Phoenix Daisy comes to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary that is Gorgeous!! The crisp red and white, cool cut out words and the beautiful poinsettia really come together to make is soo gorgeous! Wohoo How blessed you are to have Phoenix Daisy and family coming. I know you will enjoy your time with her, it will be a Wonderful Christmas for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, love that die you have used. A simple but gorgeous card. Thankyou for sharing with us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Huga Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that die! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Mary! I love the poinsettia decorating the wonderful die cut! Enjoy your Christmas preparations and your family! Inky hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely Holiday card, Love the poinsettia you have used too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Mary. Love the gorgeous layered poinsettia and those die-cut words. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails