Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mixed Media

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We started our day at church. Amazing worship today. Our worship team was definitely on top of their game. I just love starting my week this way.

This afternoon we went to Ethan's (youngest grandson) baseball game. They are playing on our side of town this weekend. He won the first game and the 2nd game was rained out.
He wanted to come to spend the night with us.  So he is here and with my hubby at our high school field. Hitting balls and just enjoying time with each other. Ethan loves it and so does his Pap.

He plays tomorrow at 5:00 and then 8:00. We will take him to the game and then maybe he will just sleep over here again. Not sure yet.

We are going to enjoy pizza and salad for dinner. Tonight we will probably just lounge around and do whatever we want. Ethan doesn't need to be entertained. He just loves coming to our house without his brothers for the one-on-one time. 

Onto my card for today. This mixed -media card I made for the new mix-ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers. My first time joining in with the challenge and I am so glad I did.

The technique involves using a plastic credit card as a paint scraping tool which allows you to scrape various colors of acrylic paint across your card stock to create unique color blends and textures. It is like being an artist without having to try too hard!

Used acrylic distressed paints in picked raspberry, peeled paint and wild honey on watercolor paper. I took and old credit card and swirled it around with the edge of the card.

I then used the Stampin-Up "weathered" background stamp and inked it with picked raspberry. I stamped on the left side of the paper. I used some Dylusions spray ink on the same stamp and stamped in the bottom right corner.

I used a Dylusions stencil and sponged in some flowers with picked raspberry.

My image and sentiment are from Great Impressions Stamps - "vintage big wheel E683" and "all about the journey -D406". These both are stamped in chocolate chip ink. I added some rhinestones to the wheel centers to complete my card.


I am thinking of making an art journal to hold all of my mixed media creations. I can see that this is something I might want to get into a bit more.

Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God Bless.
 Here is a picture of my hubby and Ethan enjoying the pool today.
pool time

Some other challenges:
1.  613 Avenue Create has an anything goes.
2.  Challenges 4 Everybody has an anything goes.
3.  Hiding In My Craft Room has a freestyle challenge.
4.  Stampin For The Weekend has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Sister Act Challenge has an anything goes challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Great mixed media card, Mary! I like the color scheme and layering of images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, it's beautiful! Love all the pretty colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous mixed media card Mary. Love the colors. The awesome images sure give a nice textured look to your card. Great first try! Hope we will see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Mary! I love the look you got with this technique! And that sweet tricycle is so sweet! Enjoy your time with Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary I love the background effect you've achieved with this new technique. I'll have to put that on my list of things to try!! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome technique, Mary! Thanks for sharing the "how-to". What a fun way to spend your day with your grandson! I would love to come and eat pizza and swim in your pool! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the mixed media challenges and have had time to do 2 or 3. They're really fun. Great job making your pretty card.
    Pool time looks great on these hot days. Aren't grandchildren just the most fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this one Mary!! The results of your technique is beautiful, it looks so woodsy and that little vintage bike look fab with it ;) Hope you have a wonderful 4th ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Your background looks fabulous, Mary...the colors and texture combined to create a real artsy look!!! Your pool looks mighty inviting, too...especially with our 100 degree weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the tutorial on SCS but this card just rocks the technique. I am so going to have to try it after seeing this super card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love your design, and the background is fab. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend and 613 Avenue Create. Hope you have a great day!

    - Jenn DT
    Crafted My Fancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow looks like you had a lot of fun!!!;o) What a fabulous card. I really love the background you have created. Fabulous sentiment as well.

    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Mary! This looks like a fun technique and you created a wonderful project! Love the color combination. Great image choice, too! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, this is absolutely fabulous! I'm still getting my feet wet in the whole mixed media, but it is a lot of fun! I think the journal is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails