Friday, May 24, 2013

Memories of the Sea

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We are celebrating the official start of summer this week-end.

Hope you have some fun picnic or family plans. Lots of people use this long weekend to get the yard in shape or open up their pool. My hubby has been working in our yard for the past 2 months. So he is that under control. We don't have a pool but my neighbors do, and they will be opening it for the season.

We will be celebrating our good friends birthday this week-end and this is a card for him. He loves the ocean and especially the Outer Banks.

My card is using 3 Great Impressions Stamps on this one. The sailboat is the "sail away E418" stamp and the sentiment is "our memories F396". I only stamped part of the sentiment on the card front and the remainder on the card inside.

I brayered and sponged the background and masked a circle for the setting sun. I used the same circle and turned it the other way to mimic a reflection in the water.

I used a white gel pen to make the whitecaps and added some twine that is tied in sailors knots.

I also completed the inside of my card on this one. I stamped the remaining part of the "our memories F396" sentiment and then added a birthday sentiment using "flourish birthday wishes" E742.

I had some star fish and shell buttons in my stash so I used these for a little bling.


Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God bless and happy Memorial Day.






8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Mary! Looks like a painting...nice job! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic! I'm sure your friend will love it. The background is stunning - like art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is sensational - inside and out! I love your reflection and the knots at the bottom. WONDERFUL card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunset scene! It gives me a peaceful and tranquil feeling. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Mary is that a stunning card!! The scene is so serene, a really wonderful card for your friend! Have fun celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! What a spectacular scene you have created, Mary....the background looks fantastic especially with the reflected sun and I love the knots at the bottom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the reflection of the moon on your beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails