Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Birthday 2 You

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I am still out in San Francisco visiting with my precious granddaughter. I have scheduled a few posts for the days that I am gone. I will be back on Wednesday night. Looking forward to seeing my hubby since he stayed behind to take care of things in Pittsburgh.

My card for today is a masculine birthday card. I think you just never have enough of the guy cards around for when you need them.

I started with my layout on this one. It's from the SCS Wednesday sketch challenge #430.
My designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up collection "porcelain prints". 
I paired it up with wild wasabi, not quite navy and river rock card stock. I thought these colors, stripes and then the embossed panel gave it a more masculine feel. 

The sentiment is from MFT. It was a free set that I received in my latest order. I added 3 punched circles to this panel to complete my card.
Well that's it for me for today. Drop by again tomorrow because I will have my 2nd card for my guest design spot on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. 


I am also entering:
1. Artistic Inspirations has an anything goes. 
2. 2 Sisters has an anything goes challenge. 

5 comments:

  1. CAS and fabulous!! LOVE all that green.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card Mary, and I'm with ya...for me, they're hard to create...I always want to junk them up with ribbons and bling, but can't LOL. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous CAS design and a wonderful take on the sketch.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. I like the colors and the different patterns and texture you added. Fun sentiment too.
    Hope you have had a great time with your Granddaughter.
    I haven't been getting post updates for some reason so I refreshed all my subscriptions yesterday and now you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of the lovely sketch, I do like your design papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Artisitic Inspirations this week.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails