Saturday, March 23, 2013

One Of A Kind

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Yesterday was the last day of our fish fry at our church.

We held the event for 3 Fridays in March. We worked in the kitchen from 12:00-9:30. I was completely exhausted at the end of the night. There is so much prep work that needs done to serve meals for 3 hours. Makes me really appreciate what goes in to running a restaurant.

My cooking contribution was a shrimp-crab chowder. It was a sellout for 3 weeks in a row. This definitely made me feel good. Several people have asked for the recipe, which I will gladly oblige.

So we are finished until Lenten season 2014.

Now onto my fun card for today. I had this cute printed image from Darcie's Stamps. She calls them U-cuts because you cut them out. This one is from her "showers of kisses" collection. I cut the little girl and the rain puddle.

I used the Stampin-Up embossing folder "cloudy day" for the background. Added some red ribbon and my Amuse sentiment to complete this card.
Well, that's it for me today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. There is church in the morning and it's Palm Sunday. So until next time.......God
bless.

Since I made a kid's card today, I thought I would include a photo of my sweet 2yr old grandaughter Phoenix Daisy. 



I am also entering:
1.  A Gem Of A Challenge has an on the move challenge.
2.  Brown Sugar Challenge Blog has anything goes.
3.  Stampin' For The Weekend has a child's play challenge.
4.  Paper Crafting Journey has a ribbons or lace challenge.
5.  Southern Girls has the kids are alright challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining our on the move challenge at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and happy creation. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at PCJ Challenge.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! LOVE your sweet CAS layout and your little gal is a doll! Fabulous dry embossing folder, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so fresh and sweet, Mary! I love how you combined those lovely bright colors and dressed up for little rainy-day cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Mary. Love the darling image and the colors. The dry embossed clouds look great in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful bright colors on this sweet little rainy day girl Mary! I cannot believe Daisy Phoenix is 2 - wasn't she JUST born??!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking that card is just adorable - but your granddaughter tops it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I love your coloring and the layout. I like the cloud background. Thanks for the inspiration. By the way, I have some blog candy on my blog if you would like to enter:
    http://yolieville.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card...very cheerful colours. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! The image is so sweet and I love those clouds! Great use of the embossing folder!
    I can't get over how big your granddaughter is getting! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supercute card ♥
    Thanks for playing at SGC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails