Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lilies

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's been a few days since I have posted on my blog but for good reason. I was one of the hostesses for our monthly women's meeting at church. It was the kick-off of our secret sisters program.

Secret Sisters” provides a fun opportunity to encourage a new friend or get to know someone better through through the giving and receiving of cards, treats, little gifts and prayers for a 3 month period.

We really hyped up this event by titling it "who doesn't love a good mystery". We didn't tell the women what we were doing until the event took place this past Friday night. We gave clues each week in the church bulletin.

We even had a little skit last Sunday in church and one of the guys played "super sleuth". He came to help solve the mystery. Of course that just added to the mystery because he didn't solve it.

Anyway, this week I made some cute decorative boxes to give away to 4 of the women who agreed to bring dessert for the meeting. Do you believe I forgot to take pictures of them. Someone asked me if I would make her one and I agreed. So when that one is finished I will definitely take a photo.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the technique challenge #365 on Splitcoaststampers. Holly aka Toy was our hostess and she wanted us to do an acrylic distress technique.


I found an Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in my stash. This one is a "cool peri" color (lilac). I bought it about 3 years ago to use for something and I never opened it until today.
I followed this tutorial to complete my card.

My background is the cuttlebug embossing folder "floral fantasy". After I sanded, I used Stampin-Up's close to cocoa ink on the sanded part. Since this gives such a distressed background, I took my card that route.

My lily image is from the blessings set from Marks Finest Papers.

I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Cut it out and layered it over a labels 18 Spellbinders die. I also used some Lasting Impressions Lilac designer paper underneath the frame and sponged it with ink to distress.


I distressed my chocolate chip ribbon with water and then tossed it in the microwave. Layered that over a piece of crocheted lace. I am not usually a technique person. It's out of my comfort zone so this card was a stretch for me. But I like how it turned out.

Well its really late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time..............God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Speedy Fox and Friends has a lace challenge.
2.  The Outlawz - Paper a la mode has a flower power challenge.
3.  The Stamp Man challenge blog wants us to use the colors of Easter/Spring.

7 comments:

  1. Love the background. I tried that technique couldn't sand the paint off. Guess I'll try again. Very pretty. Thanks for joining speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Such a lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, Mary! I love how you used lavender and gold on this gorgeous card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card Mary! I Love the background. I'll have to try that technique.
    Hugs & Blessings
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! I love the lavender and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. I love how you've created that background and the lillies are beautiful.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Stampman this time.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! Love the techniques used on this lovely card! And ribbon in the microwave?! I must try this!! So much better than using it for food!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails