Saturday, December 17, 2011

Snowflake Joy

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Well it's just 9 days to Christmas now. I mailed the last of my cards today and I am finishing up on some decorating. On Monday my friend will come over and we make pizzelles together. My house will have the smell of anise for several days after this.

Earlier this week I attended a holiday tea at my neighbors. Everything was so beautiful and the food was incredible. She had 8 of us there. Her dishes were the blue willow pattern and she read us the story behind this dishware that started our afternoon.  

Our tea menu started of with roasted tomato soup and a sun-dried cheddar biscuit. then we had a delicious quiche with sun-dried tomatoes, onion and ham. She had a strawberry on the plate that was sliced in a fan effect. Loved the quiches as well as the presentation.

Then we were served an orange scone and a cranberry-ginger scone. These were served with lemon curd, orange marmalade and some clotted cream. These were also incredibly delicious.
then she served from tea sandwiches with egg salad, a strawberry-almond cheese and some smoked salmon served in a cucumber round. Fabulous!!

And, if we weren't filled enough she served us some excellent chocolate cake. This was followed by sorbet with kiwi slices. we had 3 different kind of teas served with all this. Our take home gift was an angel from this blue willow pattern. The piece is titled "wishes of grace for a palace". It is a limited edition and just beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon and was so honored to be invited.

Now I want to have one at my home. Maybe I will think about it for next Christmas.

Onto my card for today. This one I made for the VSN challenge on splitcoaststampers. We were to use a snowflake on our card.

My background paper is from Stampin-Up's "ski slope" collection. The red snowflakes are feltand the white one is a button.  I also used a Stampin-Up border punch, oval punches and some espresso bakers twine. The sentiment is from Amuse stamps.

That completes this card and also this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Raise the Bar has a Christmas challenge.
2.  Really reasonable ribbon challenge has an anything goes & ribbon theme. I used bakers twine on my card.
3.  4 crafty chicks blog has a Christmas card challenge.
4.  Card Makin Mamas has a Christmas challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word -I am so hungry after reading your post...lol
    Such a beautiful design and i love your use of twine.
    So glad you could join us at
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! LOVE those fabulous snowflakes! Such a lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowflakes are rockin. I just love the clean and crisp lines of your card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh..those snowflakes are awesome! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Your DSP is perfect behind the snowflakes and the twine & border looks so nice too! Your tea party sounds yummy! What a nice day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very pretty!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons anything goes challenge with ribbon!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails