Monday, July 18, 2011

fullness of joy

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Whew this was such a full week-end and a fun one as well.

Saturday morning was our stamp club meeting. We had 5 girls there and each one brought a really beautiful sample to share with the group. We bring all the supplies to make the card that we are sampling. I will show the cards in a later post.

Saturday evening we went to a 30th birthday party for my hubby's nephew. It was a surprise -love those kind of parties. It was a great family time.

Today we started our day of with church. Our worship team was really on top of their music today. I just loved the worship songs they played.

This afternoon we went to a graduation party. Let me tell you it was really hot and humid here in Pittsburgh. But, the party was in a park with a lot of trees and a gentle breeze so we stayed cool. I thought we might only stay for a couple of hours but we were there until the end. Thank the Lord for shade trees in summer.

Well, onto my card for today. This card I made for the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog post. Click here to see the post.

My scripture verse is from the "joyful heart" set. It was just released by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps this month. I stamped i and then framed it with the spellbinders label 16. My patterned paper is from Bo Bunny-I really liked this bold and bright pattern.

I added some daffodil satin ribbon and a bow. I used a clear button in the center and put some riding hood red card stock underneath and a yellow pearl on top. Put some pearls in the corner and that completed this card.

card recipe:
stamps: joyful heart (sweet 'n sassy stamps)
paper: stampin-up riding hood red, daffodil delight, ww, bo-bunny dsp
ink: riding hood red
accessories: spellbinders lables 16, clear button, pearls, satin ribbon

Some other challenges:
1.  Lollipop Crafts blog has an anything goes challenge.
2.  The Stampalot blog has an anything goes challenge.
3.  The crafts for eternity blog has a 3-2-1 recipe challenge-I used 6 pearls-that's 2 sets of 3,  2 ribbons and a single flower on my ribbon.
4.  The frosted designs blog has a fabulous Friday challenge of "quote that".

12 comments:

  1. What a very elegant and pretty card Mary.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card Mary.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeousness! I unsubscribed from your blog (my hacked email) I will re sign up on my good em when I get back from CHA!! Just FYI~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you capitalized on your DSP. It is indeed a joyful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the pearls in the corner and your little 'daisy' flower over the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so beautiful! I love the shapes of the die you used. Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant project. I love it. Thanks for joining us at c4E this week and Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. So nice and bright and cheery. Love the Satin bow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so very special Mary, its a beauty
    Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
    Hugs Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Mary! I love the bold pattern and colours. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails