Friday, April 29, 2011

cocoa loves baseball

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

So today was the royal wedding of Will & Kate. I didn't watch it live at 3:00 a.m., but I did catch stuff on TV throughout the day.

I heard the Brits are quite amused that we Americans are so enthralled with royalty. Oh well, I for one liked watching it all.

The card I am posting today is one that I made for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers.

This week Julia was our hostess and she chose the color combo of celery, baja breeze & bashful blue.

I liked the soft color combo and had a number of ideas. But, in the end I decided to use this cute mouse digital image from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and make a baseball card.

It's called "cocoa loves baseball". I colored him with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Korin has a whole line of these sweet mouse images. So drop by her store and check them out.

I used a Stampin-Up embossing folder and made a diamond pattern as my background.

The baseball field is referred to as a diamond-just to explain my thought process.
I also used baseball patterned paper and some other paper that had a diamond pattern in it.
I found the baseball glove in my stash from K & Co.

The layout was from the sweet stop sketch blog and that completed my card.

.
Some other challenges:
1.  The art impressions stamps blog has a challenge to use an animal on your card.
2.  The wags 'n whiskers blog has a die or punch challenge.
3.  The creative card crew has a child's play challenge.

card recipe:
stamps: cocoa loves baseball (sweet 'n sassy stamps)

paper: su ww, certainly celery, bashful blue, baja breeze, recollections dp
ink: prismacolor pencils & gamsol
accessories: spellbinder lacy circle & circle dies, k & co baseball glove,

7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, card and a precious image! Yep, baseball season is upon us once again! Love that background paper you used too. Just great.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mouse is too cute!! I loved watching the Royal Wedding, a real treat and they both did wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute, fun card. Love that mouse!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card.
    Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. Great take on the diecuts and punches challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge #14!!
    Hugs,
    Soili-Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Mary! A perfect use of color and pattern!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails