Wednesday, November 10, 2010

most wonderful time of the year

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

This is a short post because I have lots of errands to run. My husband is off work and we did plan to do something together.

My card today is for 4 challenges:

1.  the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. Our hostess and fellow design team member, Vicki Dutcher, chose turquoise, poppy parade and whisper white as her colors.


I thought the colors lended themselves more toward a Christmas card. But, if you check out the other cards in the scs gallery you will see quite a variety.

2.  The layout for my card came from the mojomonday blog. Julee provided another great sketch. It showcases whatever image you use. I used a digital image that Verve stamps gave free last year. I am just getting into digital images but an early opinion from me is that I would rather have the rubber.

I printed the images 3x so I could paper piece the mittens in turquoise and a poppy parade cuff. I used poppy for the lacy scalloped background layer and my ribbon. I added a snowflake button and that completed my card.

I have another Christmas card completed and this is one I may make more of. I think it would be a great card for a little girl. I do have some on my list that get cards from me.

3.  the 3rd challenge is on the craft your passion blog.  We were to double anything on our card. My card has 2 mittens of course.

4.  the 4th challenge is from the anything goes blog. This week we were to emboss our creation. I used the cuttlebug "swiss dots" folder on my card.

Until next time.......

card recipe:
stamps: verve winter mittens(digi-image)
paper: su poppy parade, tempting turquoise, ww
accessories: nesties lacy squares, cb swiss dots ef, poppy parade ribbon, snowflake button
techniques: paper piecing

10 comments:

  1. such a cozy card love the mittens, thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of embossing. Love the ribbon. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright cheerful colour combination.Lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful details, Mary. Love that snowflake button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute - and what fabulous, cheerful, bright, colors! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I LOVE this adorable card, Mary....such pretty colors and I love the sweet little mittens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christmas card, the mittens look great. Thank you for joining us over on Anything Goes this week. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and festive. I agree (rubber) is in my opinion a lot easier to work with then digital.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfful pair of mittens. Oh so cozy looking.

    You card is great.
    Georgiana
    http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those colours, they just pop, thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, K x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails