Friday, August 27, 2010

let it snow

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was such a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh. Plenty of sunshine and very moderate temps.

This morning I finished Kendra & Aaron's wedding invitations. I was pleased with how they turned out. I did take photos to post the invite, but I have to wait until Kendra mails them out.
She is doing that today. So in the next few days I can show it here.
I was pleased with how they turned out. I hope the photos will show off the gorgeous colors she chose.

After Kendra picked up her 100 invites, I had time to make a card. My stamping time has been so limited this summer.

I checked out the Friday free-for-all challenge on splitcoaststampers and they had an easy enough one for today. Our hostess called it think snow...man.

We were to create a card using snow and for the man part-we were to distress our paper. My distressing was to use a cuttlebug folder and emboss my cardstock.  It's a stretch I know but I didn't think any other distressing would fit my paper or image.

My layout came from the Tuesday sketch on Mercy Kerin's blog. Thanks Mercy for another great sketch. It's been awhile since I have been able to take part in this challenge.

My sweet little penguin image is an embossed sticker that I picked up last year at Michael's. It's from a Mary Engelbreit collection.  I carried over the candy cane stripes to the background paper. This paper is from Stampin-Up's merry moments collection.

I used 2 cuttlebug embossing folders on this card, stamped my sentiment and that's the card.

It's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for today. I have been burning the candle at both ends to complete the wedding invites and now I am pretty worn out. A good nights rest will put me back on track for the week-end.

God bless my blogger friends.

card recipe: 
stamps: season of joy

paper: su real red,vv, brillant blue, merry moments dsp
ink: real red
accessories: me embossed sticker, cb ef seasons greetings, snowflakes, su oval punch

4 comments:

  1. What a precious Christmas card, Mary....the little penguin sticker is adorable and I love the striped paper in the background!!! I am so glad you finished the invitations...I can't wait to see them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...the invites are done and now you can shift gears and stamp for different reasons. Anxious to see them...it's so special of you to give your time and talent to this couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun and festive. The sticker is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling Christmas card. I love the layout and that cute little guy!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails