Saturday, December 7, 2013

Words of Christmas

 
Happy Saturday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I can't believe its been over a week since my last blog post.
 
It's not like I have not been card making because I have been working furiously at getting my Christmas cards finished. I just haven't taken photos of them yet.
I also have cards for sale in a boutique near my home and I had to make extra Christmas cards to display there.
 
Then there is all the other Christmas stuff that needs to get done plus I have my family in this mix. LOL - it makes me tired just thinking about all I have been doing and still need to do.
 
But I decided this morning before I get back to decorating my home that I would post on my blog. And, I have a Christmas card to show of course.
 
This one is done in some non-traditional colors but, I like doing that for a holiday. The color challenge #455 on Splitcoaststampers this week was hosted by Karen. She chose daffodil delight, wild wasabi an gold as her color trio. Her card is gorgeous so click on her name above and check it out.
 
I decided to highlight the gold and use a metallic brown as a neutral fro my card base as well as for my frames.  The Spellbinders poinsettia die is cut in the daffodil delight color with wasabi leaves.


My gold background paper is from K & Co –“Christmas Cheer gold words”. I used the Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B to create the rectangle frame. I layered inside that the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 28 cut in the brown metallic.

My poinsettia is cut with the Spellbinders die in daffodil delight. I sponged while in the die for some added depth. My leaves are cut in wild wasabi.

I added some gold ribbon treatment to complete my card. The layout is this week’s MojoMonday #322.

That’s my card for today. Time to resume the Christmas decorating. So until next time........God bless.


I am also entering:
1.  A Creative Romance has a "Sparkle at Christmas" challenge.
2.  Card Makin Mama's has a Christmas/New Years challenge.
3.  Crafty Hands Challenge Blog  has a seasons greetings challenge.
4.  Jelly Park Friends has a Christmas challenge.
5.  C.R.A.F.T. has a Christmas challenge.
 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us this week. Don't forget our DT Call, it would be great to see you there.

    Jo and the CRAFT Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Mary! The poinsettia is so lovely in that colour! Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the poinsettia in yellow!
    I completely understand the busyness! We were snowed in yesterday and the roads were still pretty nasty today. I desperately need to go out and run some errands, but at least my crafty gifts are being made earlier than normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, Mary! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Mary! Rich colors and very elegant. Thanks for joining the Jellypark Friends Christmas challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty Mary. Love the yellow poinsettia. It looks great with non-traditional colors. The bold gold words in the background look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Mary!! I love the non traditional colors with the yellow poinsettia and beautiful background :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at Craft

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pretty card.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 4th Challenge at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poinsettia is beautiful, thank you for playing with us at Jellypark Friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails