Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Kind Word

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Hope your Christmas celebration was a great one. Ours was wonderful. We are having my husbands extended family here tonight for a get-together. It will be simple as far as food goes. We are just having pizza and a salad. So I will be able to mingle with my guests instead of spending all my time in the kitchen.

My grandsons also are in school basketball tournaments so Wednesday and Thursday will be spent with them. It will be fun and we love watching them play.

My card for today is one that I created for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. Vicki is our hostess and she chose the fab color trio of night of navy, bashful blue and white. She also wanted us to use some glitter on our card. 

For my card I used some old Stampin-Up rub-ons for the sentiment panel. It is from their "word flurries" collection.

This panel was completed with a scallop Martha Stewart border punch and some white ribbon. I thought the ribbon picked up the swirly snowflakes.

My background layer is embossed hearts cardstock from lasting impressions and I sponged bashful blue ink on this panel..

For the glitter option I added a snowflake button that has glitter on it. Although the sparkle didn't show up well in the photo.

That's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Incy Wincy Designs has a winter wonderland challenge 126.
2.  The Outlawz  Monday challenge has an "anything goes". You have to use a sentiment on your card.
3.  Paper a la Mode from Outlawz blog has a shades of blue challenge.


5 comments:

  1. Pretty, that white trim is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Mary! Love the dark blue panel to bring out all the special touches of white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary...this is so pretty! The unique white trim sets off the entire card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the trim at the bottom! It goes so well with the swirling snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card love the colours thanks for joining at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails