Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Creative Belli Challenge #133

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's time for another Creative Belli Challenge. This is the last one for 2011 and also the last one for me. I am leaving this design team as of December 31. Something else is coming but more about that in January.

This challenge is all about "Merry Christmas".  You have to have the word "Christmas" on your card. The spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments! Everyone is welcome to play along! Challenge a stamping friend! Just follow the theme.

For my card I used an image from  the stamp set "Christmas light" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. It has a matching die so the cutting out of the image is super easy.

I used the Cheery Lynn die 'deco border light". I love this die. I think it makes for such an elegan card.
I also used the Spellbinder "lacy circle" for my candle image.

My old and forgotten part is paper from my stash. I had this BoBunny green striped designer paper and I was able to use it on this card. I found the perfect shade of gold to match it. The red border and circle are Stampin-Up's real red cardstock.

I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I stamped the word "peace" on the candle from another set I had. No name on that one.

Well that's my card for today. Hope you will join in on the challenge at the Creative Belli Blog.

Some other challenges:

1.  Creative Card Crew has the lights of Christmas challenge.
2.  Papertake Weekly has a last Christmas card of the year challenge.
3.  Top Tip Tuesday has an anything Christmas challenge.
4.  Cheery Lynn Designs has a "tis the season" challenge. I used the deco light border die.

15 comments:

  1. Another pretty, pretty card! I liked it in the green and now in the red.
    Beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally getting this stamp and DIE set -- oh so excited! Love your card -- love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive, Mary. You are right, the Cheery Lynn border is very elegant. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas card. I really love the border on each side. Really adds a lot to this card. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary! Love the candle with "peace" on it. I am intrigued with what is coming in January! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card- I love the pretty image- and had to get some Cherry Lynn dies thanks to you!!! : ) I love the layout you used. We will miss you- and will look forward to seeing your beautiful creations in 2012! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, Mary! Love the dies cuts and details! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge over at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog.... your card is beautiful, and I love how you used the lace light deco border!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Mary - love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week. Hope you have a lovely Christmas!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Mary love the beautiful card with the pretty image and the lovely border!! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time celebrating the birth of our Savior :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this stamp set! I also love that you can change the sentiment on the candle for variety! Another beautiful card! Hope you have all of your 'running' finished and can sit back and enjoy Christmas! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card, cute borders too! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Come play again soon, Happy Christmas hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card mary. That image is so pretty. Love the punched borders and circle frame. Wishing you a Peaceful and Blessed Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring and I love the delicate trim.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the splash of red!! Good Luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails