Tuesday, November 23, 2010

merry christmas pocket card

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I went to Ethan's (youngest grandson)school today for grandparents day.

He goes to a Christian school so the day started with a church service.

After the service we were fed a continental breakfast. We were able to eat with Ethan and his friend Brendon who didn't have any grandparents there. It was such a fun start to my day.

I am hosting Thanksgiving so today is my shopping day. I have quite a spread planned for the 12 in attendance. This holiday and Christmas are my 2 favorite. It brings back such pleasant childhood memories for me.

The grocery store was really crowded and lots of short tempers. I was glad to get out of there in an hour.

Tomorrow will be my prep day.  I will be baking, cutting celery, onion and bread cubes for my stuffing. Well, just about everything that can be done in advance I do on Wednesday. That way Thursday is a day that I can enjoy as well as my guests.


My card for today is one that I made for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. Our hostess, Joanne, selected  chocolate chip, cherry cobbler, and crumb cake. 

I saw this pocket card on flowerbugs blog and I really liked it. So I decided to make one of my own.

It is a really easy pocket card made to look like a present.  My card front uses designer paper from the  jolly holiday collection.
And, to that I added kraft taffeta ribbon and scrunched it up. I stamped the merry Christmas sentiment and punched it with oval punches. My button is also from Stampin-up the new big designer collection. I ran the taffeta ribbon through the button holes for a more finished look.

The card inside has a chocolate chip top that I embossed with snowflakes.  I stamped the sentiment in the cherry cobbler ink and added 3 chocolate pearls and that completed my card.

Stop by again tomorrow for another card I made with this same technique.

card recipe:
stamps: stampendous

paper: su vv, cherry cobbler
ink: cherry cobbler
accessories: choc pearls
techniques: pocket card

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pocket card. I love the font on your inside sentiment...so pretty! The scrunchy ribbon looks great. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pocket card...the colors were really good ones to work with! Have a blessed turkey day! I can smell your kitchen now...nothing like turkey and dressing roasting in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fabulous pocket card! Love the color combo and your sentiment is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails