Thursday, May 21, 2015

~Special Treat~


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I am out in San Francisco with my 4 yr old granddaughter Phoenix Daisy. I left my hubby behind on this trip. He is busy with his garden and also doing some interior painting on our home. I can't wait to see how our bedroom turns out with a fresh coat of paint and some color. 

But for now I am her in San Francisco enjoying my granddaughter. the temperature right now is 50ยบ. I left the heat and humidity for some cooler temps. But, this is typical San Francisco weather. It's overcast today which seems to be normal for life at the beach, here anyway. It was quite foggy when I arrived yesterday morning at 9:00 a.m. When that burned off it remained overcast all day. 

Phoenix is at school now until 12:30 and then I will go and pick her up. We will have a full afternoon of playing with her babies. She has 5 of them and is such a good "mommy" to them. So we will take them shopping, and on a train ride, then to the beach, then we feed them and on and on. You get the idea. She exhausts me and herself every day. When her bed time rolls around, I am ready to go to bed myself. 

Now onto my card for today. This is my card for CC529. Barbara is our hostess and she chose crushed curry, melon mambo, and tangerine tango for her color palette. Dessert is to use green. I tried to incorporate it on my card but I couldn't get it to fit. 

With these bold colors I decided to use some of my new MFT ice cream dies. My layout is an older MojoMonday #396. 


I cut the angled panels with the MFT blueprints 18 dies. The dsp is Stampin-Up's flowerpot and flashback collections.
The pierced cardstock separating the dsp is cut with the MFT blueprints 15 die in crushed curry.

The ice cream cone is soft suede and melon mambo layered on a Spellbinders pierced rectangle. I scattered some Stampin-Up candy dots. Stamped my sentiment in tangerine tango and added some flags to complete my card.


Well friend, that's it for me for today. Time to do a few things before I pick Phoenix Daisy up at school.  So until next time.......God bless.

4 comments:

  1. A fun card Mary!! The big dots and ice cream cone make me smile. Enjoy your time with sweet Phoenix Daisy. In school already, she sure is growing up fast isnt she!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a busy, fun visit planned. Enjoy the cooler weather, it's hot here on the east coast. And you get to come home to a freshly painted room, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes and dots of the ice cream parlor walls Mary! and that yummy ice cream! how nice that you are out with Phoenix Daisy! Happy long weekend! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the colors and patterns on this! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails