Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Playing in the rain

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Busy day with my grandsons.
I am with them on Monday and Wednesday in the summer. Only one of them had basketball practice early in the day and then the other 2 had baseball games at 6:00.

We went out for a quick lunch after Austin finished basbetball. It was another hot and humid day so the boys were settled in the air conditioning.

I went to Ethan's game because it was a tournament. They lost 19-10. He was disappointed but only for a little bit. Kids get over things a little easier than adults.

So onto my card for today. This one I made for the  Try a new technique challenge #384. on Splitcoaststampers -  Joan was our hostess and she wanted us to use sunbursts on our cards. They are really trendy right now.

I had a template to make my sunbursts. This definitely made it easier. The template can be found here.

I used designer paper from Stampin-Up in real red, daffodil delight and marina mist to create the sunbursts. The striped paper is also Stampin-Up designer paper.

My image is from Darcie's U-cuts. They are images that you have to cut out yourself. I used a Spellbinderslabel die to cut the image and then layered it over another Spellbinders die cut in daffodil delight.

I added some marina mist ribbon to complete my card. I didn't add a sentiment because I am not sure how I will use this yet.

Well it's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Bunny Zoe's Crafts has a girls, girls, girls challenge.
2.  Stampin' Sisters in Christ wants us to use something new. My image is a new one and the sunburst technique is new for me.
3 Hiding in my Craft Room has a freestyle challenge this week.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Your card is SO super cute. I really enjoy your darling style and the fun projects you share here on your blog. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm the new hostess of one of Speedy TV's new challenges starting Tuesday (Sketch With a Twist). I also have another challenge blog, Word Art Wednesday, and I would SO LOVE to have you play along with us and share your darling art. I look forward to getting to know you better. I hope you will stop by Speedy TV tomorrow to take a peek at the new challenge (I so want to do a good job for Speedy TV) and please join our challenges at Word Art Wednesday - I'd really love to have you with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and fun. Love those sunbursts on here and all the bright colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sunburst background and you did such a beautiful job with coloring the sweet image. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a excellent card, your colouring is so bright and happy !! Fabulous card :) Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable, Mary!!!!! I sooo love that precious little girl image and your coloring is over the top!!!!! Love your sunburst, too...you did a fabulous job on this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunburst is perfect for your rainy day card! Such happy papers and I love that pieced umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on our "something new" challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We love having your cute inspiration there for us and our guests this week, so thanks for participating! Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails