Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Put a little love in your heart

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Another sunny day for us here in Pittsburgh. Almost makes me feel like spring is coming. Well it is I guess in 2 months (lol). I did notice that it is almost staying light until 6:00 pm. So the days are getting longer.

Tonight we had a new members class at church. It's a 3 week course that people that want to become members go through. Our Pastor taught the first week. My hubby and I taught this one.

The class went really well. I like it when we can team teach. We work well together and play off each others strengths. He did such a great job with the material he presented. I was really proud of him.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the "try a new technique" challenge #362 on Splitcoaststampers. Holly was the hostess and she had a Plan A & B this week. She wanted us to try a fancy fold or we could do a new technique called "double vision".

The fold was just a bit more than what I could undertake today so I went with the "double vision".  It is simply stamping your image/sentiment in one color and then stamping again in a complimentary color slightly off from the original color.

I just inked up only the word "valentine' and used the double vision technique. The stamped sentiments are from Marks Finest Papers-"love remains set".

I  die cut 3 Spellbinder hearts and stamped the sentiment "love" inside of these. I just ordered these dies and they arrived today. Just in time to make this card.

My card stock is early espresso and the designer paper is Stampin-Up's "sending love speciality" collection.

I added some satin ribbon and pearls to complete this card. Well it's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time........God Bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Crafty Boots has a "inspired by a song title challenge. How about "put a little love in your heart".
2.  Stamps R Us has a valentines/love challenge
3.  Outlawz Greetings challenge wants us to use hearts.
4.  Paper Sundaes has a valentines challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! Such a great layout and the backing paper is gorgeous. The colors work great together too! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this fortnight. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink and brown design is very attractive and the double vision technique works really well.

    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card and love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Stamp R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of LOVE on this beautiful card! Pretty DP too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty! Love that background DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card! I love your colors and the CAS layout! I still need to make quite a few Valentines and I think I just might have to CASE this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink and brown are ALWAYS a great choice of colors! Love them together...the paper is delish! Thank you so much for joining us in our Love and Valentine’s Challenge this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisabee
    My Crafting Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty Mary. Love the color combo and the beautiful background. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, Mary! I love the triple hearts and this yummy color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pinks and browns on this one! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails