Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It'll Be Okay

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Well it's official-winter has arrived here in Pittsburgh.

We had snow yesterday. There were several squalls and some of it stuck on the roads, but it's done for awhile. I liked looking at it through my window because I didn't have to drive. There will be plenty more where that came from over the next 3 months for sure.

My card for today is one that I did for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I am sampling this week with Betty as our hostess.

She chose a great trio of colors for us to work with-lucky limeade, island indigo and basic gray.





I also am entering this in the My Favorite Things January guest designer contest. You are to do paper piecing for this contest.

I made a letterpress background with the Spellbinders circle impressabilities.
The first panel was sponged with basic gray ink and the smaller panel was sponged with island indigo.
I really liked how this background turned out. It seems to fit my image so well.


My sweet image is from My Favorite Things - "pure innocence" line. This one is called my umbrella.

I just love these sweet little girls. They remind me of my granddaughter, Phoenix Daisy. I have already sent her a couple of cards using these images.
These images are so perfect for paper piecing which is exactly what I did with her. I used designer paper for her umbrella-rain coat and boots.

I did some fussy cutting and then foam mounted her on an oval die. The sentiment I used is from the same MFT set. I used the banner dies from My Favorite Things to stamp the sentiment. This die is great. It cuts 2 sizes so you can layer easily and also cuts the little scallop edge to fancy it up.

I completed my card by adding some basic gray satin ribbon and a button center.

Well its time to close this post so until next time.........God bless.

Oh yes, I mentioned Phoenix Daisy in this post.

Here is her latest picture with my daughter-in-law as well. they were out on a hike.

I love the hats!!

Some othe challenges:

1.  Incy Wincy Designs has an anything goes challenge.

2.  Stamps R Us has an anything goes.

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love that background you made! Super cute family picture and little miss has beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Don't send the snow our way!! ;) Love your card--the colors are great, and what a fun design. Your granddaughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would send you some of my warm sunshine if I could Mary :) I love your sweet card with the darling little image and the fun pennants!! What a cute pic of your sweet little Phoenix Daisy and mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and a sentiment we often need to hear. Love those colors, going to have to participate in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I popped over to your blog...the picture of your grand-daughter and DIL is gorgeous! You just keep that snow in PA - lol! We had a squall in VA yesterday afternoon, but fortunately nothing stuck to the ground. As I said on SCS, your card is a fabulous sample of paper-piecing! Some stiff competition in that contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Mary, today the weather in Englanf is wet and windy. How apt your card is! The image is so cute and the colouring is super. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy designs. Good Luck, Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is sooo cute Mary! I love that sweet image and your fabulous paper piecing!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute. Love the dp and design. Adorable. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet and cute card. - Sorry about your snow. So far none here, which is fine by me.
    Loved your new photo of Phoenix and your DIL. She's growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background! I can never get my letterpress backgrounds to turn out this nice! The image is just adorable too with the paper piecing! Beautiful card!
    BTW-Your grandbaby looks as sweet as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so beautiful! I love the way you did the letterpress background. I haven't tried that technique yet! And oh MFT stamps - gotta love PI!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phoenix Daisy is looking so sweet, all decked out in her hiking gear! I love the color combination for this challenge. Paper piecing works perfectly with this image! This is another fabulous card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, Mary, your granddaughter and DIL are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your delightful picture! Your card is precious! Wonderful paper piecing! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous use of the colors and the paper piecing is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails