Monday, January 30, 2012

Howdy

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's a tad cold here today but there is no snow and we are seeing the sun.
That's big for us in Pittsburgh. In January & February, we don't have a lot of sunny days.

Our service at church was awesome this morning. Our worship team, really did a fantastic job. Everyone seemed so energetic today and lots of people just hung around after to chit chat and have some coffee.
I love starting my week with the Lord at the forefront. Its inspiration that carries me through until next Sunday.
This evening we went to watch our grandsons play basketball. Ethan's team lost and Aidin's team won. We love watching them play as much as they love us coming to watch.  We headed home around  9:00 and now I am getting this post ready before bedtime.

My card today is one that I made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers. This week the honor went to Shirley aka wannabcre8tive. I love her user name as well as her stamping ability.

I chose her "giddy up" card to recreate ala Mary Marsh style. We are to make at least 2 changes on our card.
Shirley used a cricut to cut her cute cowboy. I don't own one but I did have a cute cowgirl stamp from Marks Finest Papers. It's the cowgirls rule set.

My changes: I stamped my image with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I cut it out with a spellbinders labels 4. I like how this image looks without actually coloring. I haven't done that in a long while.

I used a different color scheme and added a layer. Placed my ribbon on a diagonal and then used bakers twine over that.

To complete my card I stamped a cowboy hat from the same set. This was cut out and I used dimensional glue dots for a little dimension. I punched a mini tag and stamped my "howdy" sentiment on that.

Well, it's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Crafty Calendar Challenge has a new news challenge. I am using new stamp set, ribbon and bakers twine.
2.  Speedy Fox and friends challenge wants us to use at least 4 layers.
3.  My Sheri Crafts has a new things challenge. I used new stamp set, ribbon and bakers twine.

10 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, the backing paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to emboss!! Looks good! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday indeed Mary! love the background on this card and the cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Great colors. I like that embossed. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love the embossed image and the diagonal ribbon is fantastic! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card love all the details. One of my favorite sets. Thanks for playing with us this week at Speefdy Fox & Friends.

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Beautiful! Thanks for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts!

    Letillia,DTM
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this card, Mary! I used to show horses when I was younger, and this card brought back many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card, love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails