Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Brother

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.  Well we had our first snowfall yesterday. We had about 4" of snow and several snow squalls throughout the day.

I was on my way to my son's home when one of them blew threw. It created slippery roads and white out conditions. I was about 15 minutes away from my home and still had another 35 minutes to get to his home.

I turned around and went back to my house. I do not like driving in the snow even though I have an SUV. I had to do that for 30+ years when I worked. Now that I am retired I do not have to drive in snow unless I want to. And, usually I don't want to (lol)!!

I was so disappointed because this is my day with my grandsons. They understood because of the snow and the distance I have to drive to their house. But, we will see Aidin tomorrow night. He has a basketball tournament at one of the schools on our side of town.

Well now onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge #366 on splitcoaststampers. Taylor is our hostess and she gave us a great sketch to work into a card.
This one has tilted panels and I really like working with those. Although my husband doesnt really like the tilts so I hope its not a guy thing. Because, I needed a birthday card for my brother so I made a masculine card today.

The patterned paper I used is from Creative Imaginations. I cut one of the cars from the paper and used it for my image. I added some music score paper for the bottom layer.

Punched some stars to use for the row of circles and that completed this card. Well, it's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time...........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Unstampabelles blog has an anything goes challenge. No stamps allowed on this challenge. I dry embossed my birthday greetings and my car image is cut from the patterned paper.
2Bloggers challenge wants us to celebrate good times.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous guy card, Mary! Oh, I love those cars. Sorry to hear that the snow kept you from your grandsons, but I don't blame you for keeping close to home. No snow yet here--you can keep it ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine card Mary. The colors and cars are perfect! Love the embossed background! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Guy cards are so hard to do and yours is bright, fun and unique. I don't blame you for not driving in the snow. Of course, everything shuts down here but I was always nervous about snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card....love how you have popped out that red car. Terrific layout too. Thanks so much for joining us at Unstampabelles. I hope the snow has eased for you. It really does not sound like fun to drive in those conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous with those stars and love the way you used the embossing folder too! Great masculine card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great guy card! Love the paper and the white embossed background!
    I'm with you on driving in bad weather! I would much rather be in my warm home with a cup of coffee than stuck in a ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful masculine BD card - love those cars! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect masculine card, Mary! I love how you snipped out the car and placed it on the panel! And I don't blame you one bit...now that I am retired I don't drive on snow or ice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much fun about this card. Sorry that the snow kept you away from a lovely outing with the grand kids.

    Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles this month.

    Good luck with the challenge,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails