Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flowers in the tub

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Well I finally got rid of my cold and then a sort of stomach virus came on me.

I was down for 2 days-and I slept most of that time. I haven't eaten for a couple of days either just liquids and crackers. I am so over being sick and want this to move out of my house as soon as possible.
basic black

poppy parade
I made this card before my sickness blew back in and took me out. It was for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

lucky limeade


Karen w.as our hostess and she chose the color trio of poppy parade, lucky limeade and basic black

I went a little different this week and used just a touch of poppy and limeade.

My image is an older one from My Favorite Things - "be calm". I colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I also used the current sketch #55 from MFT for my card.

I used the cuttlebug embossing folders "diamonds in the rough" on my white background panel and then on the smaller image panel. I sponged black on the image panel.

To complete my card I added some licorice twine and punched butterflies in the poppy parade color.

Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Crafty Ribbons Challenge has a love is red and black challenge.
2 Paper Crafting Journal has a floral challenge.
3The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge is anything goes with a touch of red.
4.  Sisterhood of Crafters wants us to use stripes on our project.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color combo! YOu did such a beautiful job putting this card together. It is perfect for our stripes challenge over at the SISTERHOOD. iAm so happy that you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Mary! I hope you feel all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!! Great job with this color combo and I just LOVE all the different patterns together ... Well Done!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘STRIPES’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a red, black, and white card and the touch of green on here is fabulous!! So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation Mary. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of black and white on your card! Sorry you have been sick. Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better now! Beautiful card! I love that the embossing follows the pattern on the tub. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love how you used the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon! This card is fantastic - your papers are impeccable and the color combo, perfection! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Stripes Challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the moni with a few hints of colour. Thanks for joing us at Papercrafting Journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card.Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Mary! The red butterflies are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails