My hubby helped Brett with the backyard. They made a living wall and planted a bunch of succulents. The living wall was made with a canvas pocket and then you add dirt and your plants.
I took care of Phoenix for 3 days and gave Ghilly some free time. She and Brett also had a much needed date night. It was such a wonderful visit and just way to short. They aren't coming here for Christmas so I have some disappointment to deal with there. But, I have my other son, daughter-in-law and 3 grandsons to enjoy.
I have already started to plan my Christmas menu. The boys are already starting to talk about the day and what we will be eating. We will have a wonderful day with our 5 blessings here in Pittsburgh.
This screamed fall to me so I created a thanksgiving card. I need a few more cards to send.
I used the Stamping-Up set "autumn days" for my images. I stamped the pheasant image in chocholate chip and then used markers to add artichoke, bravo burgundy and mustard to the bird.
I placed him on a background stamped with the berry branch from the same set and embossed with the Stampin-Up basket weave folder. Then added mustard ribbon, a burgundy button, a tag stamped with a sentiment from Stampin-Up's tiny talk set.
My designer paper is from the the"autumn vine" collection. That's my card for today.
It's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time........God bless
Some other challenges:
1. Clear it out challenge wants us to show our favorite holiday. I made a thanksgiving card, This holiday is right up there with Christmas. Almost everything on my card is over a year old and from my stash.
2. Oldie but Goodie blog has a buttons nad bows challenge. My pheasant image stamp is a year old.
3. The Outlawz has a greetings challenge and we are to use some scrap paper. My designer paper is a leftover from a 12 x12 sheet as well as my vailla & burgundy layers.
4. Tuesday Throwdown has a "thanks" challenge.
5. Craft your Passion has a "bingo" challenge. I chose -buttons-(my choice) embossing and sentiment