Sunday, March 21, 2010

sweet sunday bloom


Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's the 2nd day of Spring and our weather here in the 'Burgh was so co-operative. The temps were in the upper 60's and lots of sunshine.

People were out all over the neighborhood just enjoying the day.

The finches are starting to regain their beautiful yellow color once again. During the winter months they turn brown.
They were enjoying the thistle seed that my husband feeds them today.

We also have some suet out for the other birds -cardinals-woodpeckers and chickadees. The squirrel was helping himself today as well. Sometimes we put out the hot stuff that he doesn't like because it burns his lips. It doesn't affect the birds at all. But, I guess we didn't have any of it left.

I chase the squirrels when they try to eat the bird food but they always come back. I don't intimidate them (lol)!!

Now onto my card for today. This one is for several challenges.

1. Our daily bread design blog had a challenge yesterday where we were to think spring and new life. We were to create something using spring colors, images and sentiments that portray new life. My image and sentiment fit this challenge.


2. The stampin' sisters in Christ blog had a challenge centered around psalm 51:7-10. David was asking the Lord to cleanse him with hyssop and he would be clean. So we were to make a card with a clean and simple theme.


3. The sweet Sunday sketch challenge is where my card layout came from. Karen Giron has such great layouts each Sunday.

I recently bought this cameo corla card stock and I had some designer paper in the same color. I thought it was definitely a spring color.

I used my bella's bloom set for the flower and the sentiment. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for my white and coral layer with the notched edge. My rectangle and circle was cut with my nestabilities dies.

That is my card for today. It's also time to wrap up this post. I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday. May God bless as you end your day.

card recipe:
stamps: bella's bloom
paper: su cameo coral, ww, su dsp
ink: cameo coral, old olive, memento rich cocoa
accessories: nesties, cb ef


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Cameo Coral can be a tough color to work with and you have brought it to life with the matching DP. The stamped image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I just love the cameo coral and the white!! Your flower and layout is so elegant!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary this is beautiful! I love the pretty springy color and the simple clean layout! Very springy! THanks for playing along with us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, it is so wonderful to see you playing with us at SSCC this week. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. The color looks so refreshing and I like the embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary this is just lovely! I love your use of layout and the embossing. Just yummy color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Mary! Cameo coral is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty...I love the coral and your design is lovely!!! Great way to combine all the challenges, Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a gorgeous card and so perfect for our Shining the Light Challenge!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina (ODBD CT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty!! Love the colors of this--they pop and your scallops--just a really lovely card!! *Ü* Thanks again for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails