Saturday, March 27, 2010

inspiration challenge card


Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by the charmed life blog. This was a bit of a busy day with several activities taking place.

We were invited to a 1st birthday party for our Pastor's granddaughter, Adella.
She was so smiley and pleasant. It almost seemed like she knew it was her birthday and the day was all about her.

Her parents, Chris & Heather, had a special cake that she could play in and make a mess. She had a lot of fun with it.

After the party, I went to watch my grandsons' basketball games.

Austin & Aidin both played in a tournament. Aidin's team did much better-they won all 3 games. Austin's team lost all 3. He was so disappointed.


My hubby says it's a learning experience for him.
Women view this whole sports thing so differently. At least I do as a grandmother.
I don't like seeing the disappointment. I just want them always to win.

But, there is something to be said for working hard and going after a goal.

There is a scripture from 1Corinthians 9:24-that basically explains winning-it requires purpose and discipline and training diligently. Only one team will get the prize.

I know this is talking about our Christianity but it can be carried over to our everyday life as well.
Austin and his teammates have to want to win and be willing to go after it with vigor and stamina.

I feel better after I expressed my thoughts. Now I can talk about my card (lol)!!

My card today is for the saturday inspiration challenge on splitcoaststampers.

This week we visited the Thymes site. They are a fragrance company. Their goal is to create scents that convey style, atmosphere and feeling.

I loved all the packaging. There was so much in the way of inspiration on this site.

I finally chose this love candle to create my card. As I browsed the site, I thought that any card I create should be one with a simple design.

This type of card is not so easy for me. I want to add designer paper and extra layers etc.
So I decided to make my card look just like the packaging.

The packaging looked just like a stamp I have from the Stampin-Up polka dot punches set.

So I created my card with navy paper and embossed it with the floral fantasy folder from cuttlebug.

I stamped on the lilac cardstock and added my love sentiment. It looked too empty so I added a samll piece of ribbon.

I feel like I captured the theme of the inspiration piece. What do you think?

Well, it's time to turn out the light in charmed life land for today.

card recipe:
stamps: polka dot punches
paper: night of navy, ww, lovely lilac
ink: superior white, tombow marker
accessories: cb ef, ribbon


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Mary! Love the embossed background to go along with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary~ this is so pretty! I love the deep blue embossed and the lilac against it makes a nice contrast. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails