Saturday, March 13, 2010

happy, happy, happy



Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.
My husband & I took a few days to go away and just spend time together without interruptions. Like the computer, cell phones or the television.

We traveled to Amish country in Berlin, Ohio. We just love this area. It is so peaceful and serene. We did have a mission in mind which is why we chose the area.
We were looking for some furniture. The Amish build such quality wood furniture. It's unlike any you can buy in a store.
We wanted a side-board for our dining room. We found 3 different pieces that we liked.
After coming back home we made a final decision. I will call and place my order on Monday.
The furniture is Amish built but you don't deal with them directly. We go to the stores that are Mennonite owned and they place the order for you. All my wood furniture has come from the Amish.

We stayed in a beautiful cottage nestled in the hills. We had a fireplace and a 2 person jacuzzi. There was even a gorgeous Amish quilt on the king size bed. It was a wonderful get away and a great re-connect time with my husband.
So now that we are back, I am back to creating. My card for today has a dual purpose. My youngest son Brett is having a birthday soon. And, the challenge on the crazy for challenges blog was to create a masculine card.
The masculine cards really present a challenge. At least for me and from what I have read a lot of others in blog land.
I bought these die-cut guitars in Ohio at a scrapbook store. I think they were cut from the cricut machine. When I saw them I thought of a card for Brett. He doesn't play an instrument but is so into music.
He is actually a graphic designer so making cards for him is a challenge in itself. He is always very complimentary of the cards I send him. Then again would a Mother expect any less from her son?
My card is pretty straight forward. I used some musical score designer paper from creative imaginations.
I added a zig-zag border with my Martha Stewart border punch.

My sentiment is from Wordsworth stamps. The set is all sayings and they're small so they work perfect when you aren't adding another panel for the sentiment.
I am also showing the inside of my card today. I wanted to do that since my sentiment is: happy, happy, happy. I added "birthday to you" on the inside.

Well, it looks like a wrap for today. Hope you have remembered to turn your clocks ahead. We lose an hours sleep but it will be light an hour longer tomorrow night. Woo-hoo!! Spring is so near.
card recipe:
stamps: clearly wordsworth
paper: su black, real red, creative imaginations dsp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: ms border punch, cricut die-cut













4 comments:

  1. Awesome masculine card Mary! Sounds like your getaway was a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful *guy* card, Mary....the die cut guitar looks sooo awesome and your paper is just perfect!!!! Your DS is going to love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! ROCK on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails