Friday, September 12, 2014

~teaching is love~

 
Hello blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to stop by my blog. Look around Charmed Life Land for awhile- I have lots of eye candy for your viewing pleasure.
 
We completed our first week of pre-school. Such an amazing group of children this year. They are so cooperative and after 2 days are quickly catching on to the routine of the class room. Well, what we have introduced to them so far.
 
Only one little boy didn't want to do the art project. We don't force them to do the projects because then a crying episode can develop. He loves doing everything else so we fully expect him to turn around once he sees the projects are fun.
 
Since I am in back to school mode, I thought I would show you another card I made in that theme. I still have a couple of more cards to make to give to my niece who is a  teacher as well as some friends. I put a Starbucks gift card inside as a way to thank them for being teachers.
 
I cased myself on this card. See my original here.
 
I had the perfect stamps with the Verve "teachers count" set. The layout is an old MojoMonday #293 sketch. I modified it a little.

Used some Recollections school themed dp for my bg layer.  The rectangle layer is riding hood red cardstock and was run thru my big shot with the Stampin-Up "alphabet" embossing folder.
 
I did a bit of a chalkboard and used the same stamp from the Verve set and also added an apple to this layer. The apple is from the Stampin-Up "perfectly preserved" set and matching "Cannery thinlits die".

Stamped my sentiment on more Recollections patterned paper and added a few brad hearts to complete my card. 
 
Well, it's time to get my day started here in Charmed Life Land. So until next time......God bless.
 
Card Details:
Stamps:Teachers Count (verve), Perfectly Preserved (SU) 
Paper: old olive, riding hood red, black, recollections dp 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: riding hood red, old olive 
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B, cannery framelits, riding hood red ribbon, clips assortment, Alphabet EF (Stampin-Up)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Free For All Challenge #237 wanted us to use apples on our creation.
2.  Case Study Challenge #208- inspiration came from Debby Hughes. I picked up the apple theme. 
 
3.  Freshly Brewed Challenge is "school days".
4.  The Paper Girls have a back to school challenge.
5.  Tando Challenge has a numbers and letters.

8 comments:

  1. A wonderful case of your card, Mary. It's a super back to school creation. How sweet those little ones must be and a pleasure to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Tando this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect for our SCHOOL DAYS theme. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Mary! Thank you for joining us at Tando x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card love it. Thank you for joining us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect. It has a CAS feel but has so many lovely things to look at. I adore the itty bitty hearts and the metal clasp at the top. Great card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I especially love that chalkboard layer! Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I really like this one too! So glad your school year is going so well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails