Saturday, February 17, 2018

Welcome Baby

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in February.
 
Hope you have something fun planned for the holiday weekend. It's President's Day on Monday so we all get an extra day to our weekend to relax.
 
We did have a great Valentine celebration on Wednesday. I love to make us an elaborate dinner and serve it in courses. I don't make anything ahead of time so my work is done between courses. This way we get to enjoy each course before the next one arrives.
 
I started with our appetizers of baked brie served with jam and crackers and a glass of wine. The next course was our salad. That was a mix of baby arugula, spinach, red and green romaine and a baby tango lettuce with chopped cauliflower, brussel sprouts, pistachios and strawberries. I served it with a champagne pear vinaigrette.
 
Next was our entrée which consisted of broiled salmon with  lemon pepper seasoning, filet mignon with a blue cheese sauce and a baked potato. The potato I start in the microwave then rub it with butter and salt, wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
 
Our dessert was chocolate covered strawberries. My hubby enjoyed his special dinner and my treat was a dozen white roses plus 2 dozen red tulips. He couldn't decide what to buy so he got both.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #CC670. Karen was our hostess and she has chosen pink pirouette, blushing bride and pear pizzazz as her color trio. Optional was to use lace on our card.

When I saw the colors I could only think of a baby card with the 2 pinks and light green. So that’s the direction I took.

My sweet little bear and moon are a die from CottageCutz – Bear on Cloud and Moon. I cut the moon in white glitter paper. The bear is in baked brown sugar. I couldn't seem to get a good picture that shows the true color of the bear. It is a soft, light brown shade. It fits the pinks well IRL.

The blankie, hat, bow, cap on moon and bear nose are in pink pirouette.

The card base is blushing bride as is the designer paper. The paper is from the Stampin’-Up “bundle of love” collection.

My welcome baby sentiment is from the MFT stamp set “beautiful baby”. Finished my card by adding a few pear pizzazz stars.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Until next time...........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: beautiful baby (MFT)  
Paper: blushing bride, pink pirouette, pear pizzazz, baked brown sugar, very vanilla, bundle of love dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: pear pizzazz  
Accessories: Bear on Cloud and Moon, cross stitched rectangle dies (CottageCutz), white cotton lace (Hobby Lobby)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp has an add a die cut challenge.
2.  Alphabet Challenge has a "X" for x-tra special occasion.
3  Polka-Doodles has an anything goes challenge.
4  4 Crafty Chicks has a lots of layers challenge.
my valentine tulips

my valentine roses

 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous make, thanks for joining us for the Polkadoodles Blog Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest card! The lace trim is perfect with the adorable die cuts!
    Your meal sounds amazing and the flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dinner sounds wounderful & flowers beautiful,,,a delightful time to share with hubby :) Love you sweet baby card, really pretty dp to go with the darling bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Mary! I love all the layers you have here - thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pastels. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely new baby card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails