Saturday, January 20, 2018

HB From The Herd

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this 3rd Saturday in January. Can you believe that Christmas was almost a month ago? Seems like it was just a few days ago to me.
 
Hope you are staying warm during this cold snap that is currently with us. Here in Pittsburgh we are having sunshine for the 3rd day in a row. Yay- that's big for us. January and February usually don't have a lot of sunny days.
 
I have lots of to-do's on my list for today. But before I get started, here are some details on the card I am showing today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
I created this birthday card from the stamp & die combo farm animals. So lets get started with the details on how I created my card.

Step 1: As I frequently do, I started my card with the layout. I saw this sketch posted on the Splitcoaststampers site and a card idea immediately came to mind. Well a rough idea had been brewing in my mind for awhile. Then this sketch just finalized everything.
Step 2: As with any sketch you can change things up a bit. Like the shapes that are shown here. I decided to used the circles and stitched circles die for my shapes. I chose circles because of the background designer paper I am using. The paper reminded me of cow spots so I decided to go with a circle to place the cows on. The circle die only is currently on sale at 60% off the regular price. So you can pick it up for only $7.95 right now.

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
White Circle: 4th largest die
Black stitched circle die: 4th largest
Step 3: I stamped the cow images, used the corresponding die and colored the images with both Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Gamsol is odorless mineral spirits that is used to spread the wax in the pencil around.
Copic Markers: E000 + E02
Primsmacolor Pencils: Black PC935 + Warm Grey 70% PC1058
Step 4: I thought the cows needed a little pop on the white circles. So I cut a scallop circle for a cloud template and I stamped the hay from the "on the farm" stamp & die combo. Sponged the clouds with distress ink and colored the hay with alcohol blenders.
Step 5: I am ready for the card assembly. I attached the cows to the circle panels with Scotch mounting tape. And used the same adhesive to attach the circles to the patterned paper layer.
Step 6: I decided to make layer 4 of the above sketch my sentiment panel. I wanted the panel to be a pierced rectangle but the rectangle dies were just a bit too big to fit in the corner. So I adjusted the size of the 4th largest pierced rectangle.
The first photo below shows the finished panel with my stamped sentiment as well as the original size of the rectangle.
I placed the panel back in my big shot and just moved the die to where I wanted to re-cut it.
Once I re-sized the panel, it was the perfect fit for my sentiment as well as the corner of the card.
And that my friends, completes my card for this post. If you have these stamp & die combos, I hope I have given you a new idea for using them. If you don't have them they are still available in the online store. In fact, the on the farm stamp & die set is on sale for 50% off. You can get it for just $10.
 
So until next time...........God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfarmanimalsstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzonthefarmstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Brown Sugar has a birthday challenge.
2.  Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
3Cute Card Thursday has a fun card challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Those cows are just way toooo cute Mary!! I like the LO and perfect background to go with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get much cuter than this. Great card! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this card?! The background paper is perfect for your sweet cows, and I love how you altered the piece for the sentiment!
    Hope you are staying warm! The cold has taken a temporary break here. Finally had rain instead of snow today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you played and your card is amazing!
    Thanks for playing with us
    Tina, Brown Sugar DT
    youniquecreationbytina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card :) Thank you for participating in the Brown Sugar Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails