Thursday, June 22, 2017

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this beautiful day in June.
 
Well, it's official according to the calendar. Summer is here. Although, we have been having summer temps for a couple of weeks here in Pittsburgh. The gardens will begin producing profusely.
 
I am so looking forward to garden tomatoes. My hubby planted several different varieties for us to enjoy. And, in August I will be going through my canning process. It's become a summer ritual for me and I really enjoy doing it.
 
I have taught my daughter-in-law and she enjoys it immensely as well.  We both use the water bath method and the freezer method. For the freezer, I roast the tomatoes with onions and garlic and then put them in freezer bags. It's such a delight to pull them out in mid-winter to enjoy as a marinara sauce or in other recipes.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another sample I created for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #639. Maura was our hostess and she chose tempting turquoise, crushed curry and pumpkin pie. Optional this week is summer treats. So of course, I chose ice cream. What's better than that in the summer?

My background is stamped in pumpkin pie with the Stampin'-Up brushstrokes stamp. The birthday sentiment is from Verve and stamped in tempting turquoise.

My ice cream cone is from the MFT "sweet treats die". The stitched circle and sweet phrase are dies from CottageCutz.

To complete my card I used some twine and scattered a few pumpkin enamel dots.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time ..........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: brushstrokes (Stampin'-Up), be blessed (Verve)
Paper: whisper white, pumpkin pie, crushed curry, tempting turquoise
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie  
Accessories: Sweet treats die (MFT), stitched circle die, sweet phrase (CottageCutz), twine, enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is patterned paper-you can make you own as well.
2.  Crafty Addicts has an anything goes with option or using die cuts.
3.  Create and Makes challenge is anything goes with an option to use yellow. 

3 comments:

  1. cute card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Creates and Makes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab and fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripped background is awesome especially with the watercolour stripes. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Patterned Paper challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails