Saturday, June 24, 2017

Ice Cream Birthday Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
It's a sunny Saturday after a crazy weather day yesterday. We had an all day rain that was very heavy at times and reports of flash flooding and a tornado touched down in one area. We had 2" of rain in our area and some areas had over 3" of rain.
 
Our area was only hit with the heavy rain. There was no damage to our home. The weather report said that out of the last 60 days, we have had precipitation 43 of those days. In the past 2 weeks there has been flash flooding 3 times. The area where our church is located was affected by the flooding all 3 times. Our church had very minor damage.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog.
I have been showing you over the past several weeks how to combine word die phrases with a stamped sentiment. Check out my cards here, here, here and here.  I am continuing with this series today as well.

What I do is look at the word phrase and then think of other dies I have that would be identified by the phrase. Today, for instance, I thought of what could be identified as sweet and work for a birthday card. Lots of food items came to mind ice cream, frozen treats (popsicles), cupcakes to name a few.

For your viewing pleasure I am using the Sweet Phrase and Ice Cream Cone dies to create a cute summertime birthday card.

So let's get started with some details  on how I created my card.

Step 1: I looked through my patterned paper for a bright and fun design for my card background. I found this melon mambo striped paper from Stampin'-Up and thought it would work well. It reminded me of an old fashioned ice cream parlor.
white card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
melon mambo layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
melon mambo striped paper: 3 5/8" x 5 1/8"
 
Step 2: Cut the ice cream scoops using bright pink, mint green and curry cardstocks. I sponged the mint green scoop with the same shade ink for a little depth.  The cone is cut in a medium brown cardstock and I sponged the underneath layer with tea dye ink. Again this is for depth.
 Step 3: I used the stitched circles die (2nd largest) to cut a backdrop for my ice cream cone and also to stamp the sentiment. My sentiment is just a bit too long for my circle. So by masking, with painters tape, and using my MISTI, I was able to turn it into a 2 line sentiment.


Step 4: With all my elements cut and stamping done, I am ready to start assembly of my card. I decided to add some twine to the circle for interest. I found some floss in my stash that is a mint color. Adhered the ice cream cone with dimensional adhesive.
Step 5:  I cut my Sweet Phrase in mint cardstock. The font is so pretty on all these new word dies. Love how it flows. It's a perfect fit for my ice cream cone.
Step 6: I finished off my card by adding some mint and pink enamel dots. I thought it finished off my card nicely. And, that my friends is my card for this post. So until next time.......God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplussweetphrase.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzicecreamcone4x4pre-order.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet is the perfect word for this card! Who wouldn't love a triple scoop ice cream cone for their birthday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is very sweet. I love ice cream, bet you will get a lot of use from these dies. I like the shading with a little ink.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails