Thursday, February 23, 2017

~Valentine~

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Spring is just about a month away but we are having such warm temperatures and the spring flowers are already popping up.
 
We were able to take the preschool out for a little outside play yard time. It so improves their classroom behavior and concentration time. We had a show and tell time this week.
 
They love coming up in front of the class and showing off their toy. We prompt them with questions about what they have brought into show the class. They are very talkative for 3 year olds. 
 
I can't believe how fast this year is going. This class more than previous years has really tugged on my heart strings. I will miss them a lot when the year is over.
 
So before I get emotional let's move onto my card for today. This is the very last of my 2017 Valentine cards. I made it using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #618. Roberta was our hostess and she chose basic gray, rose red and very vanilla for her color trio. Optional was to make a Valentine card and that's just what I did.
 
I used MojoMonday480 sketch for my card layout. I think the sketch shows off the elements of the card without covering anything up.

My background designer paper is from the long retired Stampin’-Up Holiday Harmony collection. It’s a Christmas designer paper but it had one of the colors I was using on my card. It’s actually purely pomegranate which is a twin sister to rose red.

I used basic gray satin ribbon for the angled panel in the sketch. On the sketch square panel, I embossed with a hearts folder from Darice. The rectangle panel I used for my sentiment and that allowed me to get the very vanilla covered.

The sentiment is from the Verve “Hundred Hearts” set and stamped in purely pomegranate ink. I love this sentiment from Winnie the Pooh (lol)!

I finished off my card by scattering a few hearts. The top left heart is a new Valentine die from CottageCutz - “fancy heart”. The other hearts are cut from CottageCutz dies as well.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
 Stamps: Hundred Hearts (Verve)  
Paper: basic gray, purely pomegranate, very vanilla, holiday harmony dsp (Stampin’-Up)  
Paper Size: A2
Ink: purely pomegranate
Accessories: fancy heart, rectangle & circle dies (CottageCutz), blueprints 15 (MFT), basic gray satin ribbon, hearts embossing folder (Darice) 
 
CottageCutz dies I used to make card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancyheart.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebowandarrow.aspx
 
 I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Girls Creations has an anything goes challenge for February.
2.  Cards Und More has a Valentine's challenge #178.

4 comments:

  1. lovely card and great colours! Thanks for joining us at cards und more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great valentine card with an adorable sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Cards und More. Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks so lovely :)
    Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely element
    that heart with doily I LOVE
    the embossing paper in grey I love it too
    and sweet sentiment too
    what an awesome card you made
    many thanks to play along with us at Cards und More this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails