Sunday, February 19, 2017

~ Love 'n Roses ~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life blog.
 
It feels like an early spring day here in Pittsburgh. The temp is around 60° and the sun is shining brightly.
We just came back from church and are enjoying a bit of leisure time before my hubby has to head off to work. I will be going to the gym this afternoon and meet up with my other 2 exercise partners.
 
Yesterday afternoon we went to the University of Pittsburgh basketball game. They were playing Florida State and Pitt pulled off a big upset. It was an exciting game and a fun time with our son and grandson. We stopped and had pizza at our favorite restaurant on the way home.  So gym time is definitely in order for me today. Have to work off those calories (lol)!
 
Now lets move onto my card for today. I have a few more Valentine cards to show so bear with me. This one I made for the color challenge #621 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura is our hostess and she chose basic black, whisper white and real red for her color trio. Optional this week is to use hearts.

I started this card with my designer paper. I found this Stampin'-Up collection "timeless elegance" in my stash. I love this paper. It is so beautiful that I had a hard time cutting it to use. Maybe that's why I haven't used it until now.

So the paper is an all black collection. This particular piece has these beautiful roses. I decided to color them with a Copic Marker. I am so pleased how it turned out. The paper took the alcohol marker so beautifully.

Then I discovered via Pinterest that this pattern was a favorite of many for coloring.  Here is just one example of a watercolor on the roses here.

I wanted this paper to be the star of the show so I kept the design simple. I added some black mesh ribbon and some white cotton lace underneath the rose image. To the lace I decided to use some black rhinestones. I wanted a sentiment so I die cut the "love" word and my card is completed.

A friend of mine asked me to make a more elegant card for his wife for Valentine's day. I had to wait until he gave it to her before I could show it here.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time..........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Timeless Elegance DSP (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Accessories: Copic R29, Black Mesh Ribbon (May Arts), White Cotton Lace (Hobby Lobby), black rhinestones (Darice), Love Heart Die (Impression Obsession) 
Techniques: Copic Marker Coloring 
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Glitter 'n' Sparkle has a ribbon or lace challenge. I used both.
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge has a February "love is in the air".
3.  A Vintage Journey has a words that are special challenge.



2 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous and that paper is stunning! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calender hugs Sue J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really romantic card. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails