Saturday, January 14, 2017

~Typewriter Love~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Another weekend is upon us and we have some plans for both days.
 
Today we are going to a fundraiser dinner for a local policeman who was killed during a call to a domestic dispute. Our next door neighbor is a policeman and his wife along with others have organized a dinner at a local church. 
 
Tomorrow we will be attending church with our extended family and then out to lunch. It's football playoff time and the Steelers are in the 2nd round. So tomorrow night is covered as well. And in between all of this, I still have to get my Christmas trees taken down and put away. So lots to keep me busy this weekend.
 
So let's get started with my card for today. This one I made for my weekly blog post on the CottageCutz blog. Another Valentine card but as I said previously, I need lots of them.
I am featuring one of the new CottageCutz Valentine dies today. This one is the Typewriter die and is currently on sale at 25% off. In fact all 14 new Valentine dies are 25% off. So drop over to the store and pick out what you need to make your Valentine cards and save a little money while your at it!

I jump started my mojo this week by using a sketch to get my creative juices flowing. So here are the details on how I created my card.

Coastal Cabana Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Embossed Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Image Panel: 3 3/8" x 2 3/4"
Real Red Layering Panel: 3 1/2" x 2 7/8"

The sketch that I followed is an older one from Freshly Made Sketches but it worked perfectly to show my image off.
I decided to emboss my background panel but didn't want to use a heart embossing folder. So I settled for an arrows folder. I thought it added a unique appeal to my card.
 
Next step was to cut the elements of the typewriter die. I cut this vintage image in with coastal cabana cardstock. I love the modern appeal the typewriter has using this shade of blue. The accents are in gray. The little heart on the keyboard is so sweet. This is just the cutest die. I am sure all of you have someone in mind that this image would be perfect for this Valentine's day.
 
I cut three pennant flags with designer paper from Stampin'-Up's "polka dot parade" collection. Scattered some additional red hearts to balance out the image panel. I cut these from the Love Bird Branch die. After I assembled my card I decided I didn't like the "sweet" word cut in pink. Not a problem. I cut another one in red and glued it over top. Here are some close up photos. You can see the detail on this die.
 
Well, this completes my card for this post. Time for me to get busy with my day. So until next time........God bless.

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztypewriter.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebirdbranch.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Hiding in my Craft Room has a super scraps Saturday. I used scraps of designer paper.
3.  Jo's Scrap Shack has an anything goes challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Love that background. TFS and joining us at Jo's this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I think the EF you chose is the perfect BG. Pretty colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGEEEE! That card is super cute! I love the colors and the image and the folder! Thanks for sharing it with us at HIMCR! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I still love it over here at Jo's Scrap Shack too!!! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a 'sweet' card. Love the embossing and CAS design. Thanks for joining us this week at Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Friday Challenge. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this die and am having a hard time putting it together. Can you tell me how to do it? Do you have a video out by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails