Tuesday, July 12, 2016

~She was Amazing~

 
Hello Blogger friends and thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
We had a great weekend just spending time with family. Our middle grandson's graduation party was on Friday night and then on Sunday we went back to my son's home for leftovers.
 
Now this week there are lots of preparations to get ready for our beach vacation in Isle of Palms, SC. I love going to the beach and am so looking forward to the time away. We will be about 30 minutes from Charleston, SC. My hubby and I have wanted to go there to sightsee and explore the town. So this is a plus that we will be so close.
 
When we return home from the beach my youngest son who lives in San Francisco will be coming for a visit with his family. My sweet granddaughter, Phoenix Daisy will be here for 10 days. Nothing like family time in my mind. I love it!!!
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the inspiration challenge #553 on Splitcoaststampers.  Audrie, as hostess, took us to the Style Black & White Living  Pinterest Board for our inspiration this week.
I found this piece of wall home décor and it was perfect for a card I wanted to make for my niece. She just finished her 1st year of college and made the dean's list. I am so proud of her.

To make my frame. I used the rectangle frame die from Impression Obsession. This is a great die because it cuts 7 different frames that can be inlaid. I used 3 of them for my card and cut the frames in black and layered them on my white card base.

My sentiment is from the Waltzingmouse set "half pint heroines". I scattered some sequins to complete this card.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: half pint heroines (Waltzingmouse)  
Paper: thick whisper white, basic black (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: rectangle die (Impression Obsession)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to SC, Mary! We had our honeymoon in Charleston almost 20 years ago and loved that beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it will be a fun trip Mary, enjoy your time there!! Then how nice to have sweet Phoenix Daisy coming too :) Great card for your niece too~~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails