Monday, May 16, 2016

~Thinking of You~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Monday morning! I made it back yesterday from San Francisco. It was a long day of travel, but there were no hiccups with the flights. Which is always good.
 
My sweet granddaughter Phoenix Daisy was teary eyed when I kissed her goodbye and then she was crying a lot during the day. My daughter-in-law told me that Phoenix said "I can smell Grandma but she's not here". That made my heart melt.
 
I usually used a vanilla based body lotion and she commented about it while I was there. My grandsons used to say the same thing when they were little. There comment was if you get a bath at Grandma's house then you smell just like Grandma.
 
It's interesting that a smell brings a good memory for kids. But, then I guess we, as adults, are the same way. When my son first moved o California, he would always do laundry when he was here. He told me once that he liked to take the smell of the fabric softener back home with him.  
 
Well, let's get onto the card I am posting today. This one I made for my Wednesday DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I couldn't get it posted here before I left for San Francisco.
 
I am featuring another of the April release dies. This time it's the Corner Flourish Elite die. I paired it up with the Mushroom & Flowers die to create a thinking of you card.
My card this week started with a sketch and from there I chose my patterned paper and coordinating cardstock. There are many sketch blogs on the internet and this time I chose the MojoMonday #447 sketch for my layout.
 
When you work with a sketch you don't have to follow it exactly. For instance, instead of the corner circles I used the corner flourish die. Let's get started with some more details on how I created my card. I hear card makers say that they struggle with card layouts. That's why I look for a sketch to help the process along. It just helps to get the creative juices flowing.
 
 
Cardstock and Designer Paper Measurements:
  •  soft suede base measures 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
  •  Stampin'-Up attic boutique designer paper measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  • angled panel is cut with the CottageCutz square set. I used the largest one 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  • rectangle patterned paper is 1 1/2" x 4 1/8". Daffodil satin ribbon is 5/8" wide.
  • vanilla rectangle panel is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
For assembly: I die cut the corner flourishes in Stampin'-Up soft sky cardstock and attached with multi medium matte. I like this adhesive because it dries clear. I think the flourishes add an elegant touch to the card.
 
On the image panel, I used the flower from the mushroom & flowers set and cut in daffodil cardstock. I love the detail on The CottageCutz dies as well as the additional pieces that come with them. For instance, I was able to cut the pistil in the soft suede color for some great contrast. I am not a gardener, that duty falls to my hubby, but I think that's what this part of the flower is called (lol)!!!
 
 
For the sentiment, I used the thinking of you die and cut in the soft suede cardstock. I also used the multi medium matte to adhere the words. I scattered a few sequins and that completes my card for this week.
 
 
 
Well, that's it for me for today. There is another challenge on the CottageCutz Blog and prizes to be won. Get all the details here. So until next time........God bless.
 
Dies used to create my card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcornerflourishelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmushroomandflowers4x4pre-order.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsthinkingofyou.aspx

 
I am also entering:
1.  Artistic Inspirations has a die cut challenge.
2.  Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge.
3The Crazy Challenge has 3 or more layers for a challenge.
4.  ABC Challenge is "H" for heavy-load the dies and embellishments.
5.  Classic Design Team Open Challenge has an anything goes.
 

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love your designer paper you have used and the corner dies just set it off perfectly. Nicely displayed on your blog too and a pleasure to visit your work.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the gorgeous flourishes and the flower is so pretty!
    Sounds like you had another wonderful visit! Scent is such an amazing memory maker! My girls give my Mom the same perfume every year for Christmas because they love the way she smells and want her to keep wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, looks really great! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the colours you've used.

    Thank you for sharing with us here today at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Helen DT Classic Open Design Team Challenge 

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails