Tuesday, May 24, 2016

~Thank You~

 
Hello Blogger friends and thanks for taking the time to visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Hope your weekend was a good one.
 
I had a fairly quiet one but enjoyed it nonetheless. Sunday after church we came home and I made our favorite brunch. Pancakes, eggs and sausage. The sausage came from Serenity Hills Farm a local farm that sells grass fed beef with no antibiotics or growth hormones. Their pork sausage is absolutely delicious and flavored with maple.
 
We have also enjoyed their lamb coming in the form of a gyro burger. So yummy and I even made my own Tzatziki sauce. That's the sauce that is put on gyros. It's made with Greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and zest, fresh dill and garlic. It really flavored the lamb burgers.
 
All this food talk is making me hungry so I better move onto my card for today. This is another I created for the color challenge #583 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara is our hostess and she chose so saffron, tempting turquoise and melon mambo as her color palette. Optional is water coloring. I took Barbara’s hint and mixed colors to get a green for my leaves.
so saffron, tempting turquoise, melon mambo
I wanted to use the Stampin’-Up “all about everything” stamp set I received in my Paper Pumpkin kit in April. I thought it would look good with my faux water coloring. What is faux water coloring you ask? Just read on and I will explain (lol)!!

The 2 smaller flowers were inked with picked raspberry distress ink, spritzed with water and then I stamped. I stamped a 2nd time without reinking. For the leaves, I just mixed wild honey and tumbled glass distress inks and made a light green shade.

The larger flower is also part of this same stamp set. I stamped the image and then fussy cut it. Completed my card with the sentiment. It’s also part of the same set.

The layout is last week’s MojoMonday #448 sketch. The background designer paper is from the Stampin’-Up “sweet pea” collection”. And, that's my card for today. Time to get busy with my day.......until next time, God bless.
 
 
card details:
Stamps: all about everything (Stampin’-Up Paper Pumpkin Kit April 2016)  
Paper: so saffron, melon mambo, sweet pea dsp (Stampin’-Up), distress watercolor cardstock (Ranger) 
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento), so saffron (Stampin’-Up), picked raspberry, wild honey, tumbled glass distress inks (Ranger)  
Accessories: rectangle stax dies (MFT), square die (CottageCutz)    
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Artistic Inspirations has an anything goes/flowers challenge.
2.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.
3Make My Monday has a in the garden challenge.
4.  613 Avenue Create has an anything goes with an optional twist of create your own challenge-mine is A2 card, encouragement, watercolor.
5.  Glitter 'n Sparkle has an anything goes challenge.
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute and pretty card! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great B.paper and faux water colour effect--Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails