Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Whitewashing

 
Hello Blogger Friends! thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I had a wonderful Mother's Day spent with my family.
 
We started a new tradition last year by going to the Susan Komen race for the cure held in Pittsburgh on Mother's Day. My niece is a breast cancer survivor and we are part of her Deanna's Angels team.
 
My middle grandson even came with us this year. We did the walk part of the event which is a 3.5 course. There were 30 of us in attendance this year. The weather cooperated with a sunny but cool morning. Afterwards we went to brunch at a local restaurant and then back to my son's home where I spent the day. My daughter-in-law's Mom & Aunt came later and we all cooked dinner together.

 
Aidin, myself, Joellen, Mike

Above is a photo of our part of Deanna's angels. Below is another photo of my niece who is the breast cancer survivor, my daughter-in-law Joellen, myself and another niece Suanne. 
 
 Now onto my card for today. This is one I made to send to my daughter-in-law in San Francisco. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers Challenge #581. Karen was our hostess and she wanted us to use blackberry bliss, wisteria wonder, soft sky and pear pizzazz for the color palette.
 
 
 On this card I used the whitewash technique. Here is a link to the SCS Tutorial..

I used the corner garden stamp from Stampin’-Up and stamped in versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder on crumb cake cardstock . The next step is to use white ink and a aqua painter and paint the images white. Once that dried, I used the challenge color inks and painted my flowers and leaves.

The sentiment stamp is one from the April 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit. I added some sequins to complete this card. My daughter-in-law really liked the card. She is an artist so the compliment on my coloring of this card was well received by me. Since coloring is not one of my strong points in card making.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time........God Bless.
 
card details: 
Stamps: corner garden, Paper Pumpkin April 2016 (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: blackberry bliss, crumb cake 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: blackberry bliss, wisteria wonder, soft sky, pear pizzazz, white craft, versamark 
Accessories: aqua painter, sequins (Stampin'-Up)  
Techniques: whitewashing
 
I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create has an anything goes challenge. Optional frame your sentiment.
2.  Come and Get It Challenge wants us to make a card for a woman.
3Glitter 'n Sparkle has a one for the ladies challenge.
 
  
  

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project! Thank you for joining us at Come and get It Challenges #117 ~ DT MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, so glad you had a good Mother's Day - and what a wonderful way to celebrate the day too!
    Your card is absolutely breath-taking! So beautiful. I love the colors - and just the right amount too. Gorgeous!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Mary. I love the colors. What a great way for y'all to spend the day yesterday. So happy your family is helping the foundation. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and love the floral image---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails