Friday, November 13, 2015

HYCCT1530 ~Totally Awesome~

 
 


Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Friday to you all. Another weekend is upon us and I hope you have some fun plans.

As for me, I am doing some household chores. I got behind with everything while I was working on my Hope You can Cling To Challenge cards. 
Yesterday, I finally pulled my fall and Thanksgiving decorations out. I really like how everything looks and I only have a few weeks to enjoy it before I start decorating for Christmas.

I bought some new items this year and had them since September so I am not sure why I didn't decorate then. But, it's done now and I am happy with the look.

Today I will move to my upstairs and clean the bedrooms and the bathrooms. Then it's on to my craft room. I am still working on getting it organized. Hopefully this room will be complete by Christmas. My hubby is going to help me with a few things today. that should be a big push for me to get everything that is left organized. 

Now onto my card for today. This is another I created for the HYCCT challenges on Splitcoaststampers. This is my card for Yvette's HYCCT1530 challenge. She wants us to use any construction related materials to make or embellish your card.

I had to think on this one for a few days. While I was looking for something else in my supplies I found some wood die cuts from Basic Gray. In fact there was a pack of this distressed looking designer paper and some fuzzy rub-ons.

Bingo! My idea was born. The wood die cut covers the requirement of this challenge, and I created my card around it.

The fuzzy rub-ons had this "awesome" word and the wood die cut had the "totally " word. How perfect for me. In this pack I also found some alphabet stickers that I used for the words "you are".

I cut the striped paper in a curve pattern so I could use the rub-on around it. I like how I was able to shape it around the curve and how the rub-on feels.  I think whoever selects this card at the MD Andersen center will too.
 
Well, it's time to get a start on my day. I have a dentist appointment this morning and then finish up my house work. So until next time Blogger friends........God bless.

 card details:
Paper: Choc Chip, (Stampin'-Up), Hipster Designer Paper (Basic Gray)
Paper Size: A2 Accessories: hipster fuzzy rub-ons, alphabet stickers & wood die cuts (Basic Gray) 


I am also entering:
1.
Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
2.
Creative Knockouts has a something to say challenge- include a sentiment.
3.
Julia Spiri has an add a sentiment challenge.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully afirming card Mary! love the stripes and big sentiments! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo and layout. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout and nice sentiments. Thank you for joining us at the Julia Spiri Challenge Blog. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails