Friday, September 4, 2015

~Merry~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. The holiday weekend is here. We aren't going away but will enjoy the day spent with family.
 
Friends of ours invited us to their camp about 3 hours from Pittsburgh. But, I am working on wedding invitations with my neighbor and they won't be finished until Saturday (hopefully). Then on Sunday my son and his family are coming over for dinner.
 
I am not really an outdoorsy type person but this camp is very nice and my hubby would love it. So maybe the next time they go up we can tag along with them.
 
Yesterday,  I spent the day with my daughter-in-law for her first canning venture. It's what mothers should do for their children, even as adults. She had a lot of garden tomatoes so I offered to teach her how to can them in a water bath.
It was a success and now she has 6 jars of tomato sauce. It is used as a base in any recipe that calls for a tomato sauce. And, we go to spend time together which I love.
 
I have yet to do this myself this growing season. I am hoping that I am able sometime this weekend. I just used the last jar of what I preserved from last season so I am anxious to make more.
 
My daughter-in-law had 4 different varieties of tomatoes which is ideal. I will only have 2 but I am okay with that. I will keep you posted on my progress.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the Color Challenge #545 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she wanted us to use metallic gold and vanilla for our colors.
 
The colors are perfect for a Christmas card so that's the direction I went. I had this card from limedoodle design saved on my Pinterest board and used it for inspiration today.

My background is a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder. I used a shimmery vanilla paper for embossing. The snowflakes are cut from an Impression Obsession die in gold mirror card stock. The merry word is a die from PaperTrey Ink.

I used a panel of vellum to layer my snowflakes and the merry word. Finished up this card by scattering some gold dots that were popped out of the snowflakes.

Really happy with how the card turned out and I plan on making about 10 more. I forgot how difficult it is to get a good photo with a mirror gold cardstock.  I played around for about 2 hrs. trying to get a decent photo. Yikes! I finally went outside to get the gold to photo gold nd not black.
 
Well, blogger friends that's it for me for today. I am off to the gym and then back to the wedding invitations. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: Very Vanilla, Recollections shimmery vanilla & vellum, Gold Mirror Card Stock 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: Sizziz snowflake embossing folder, wonderful words holiday dies (PaperTrey Ink), snowflake dies (Impression Obsession)
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Bloggers Challenge wants us to use ovals or circles
2.  Christmas Stampin' all Year Long has an anything goes
3.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge wants us to use a die
5.  Winter Wonderland wants us to add a sentiment


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the gold, very elegant card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! Mary, this is so beautiful and elegant. Love everything about it too. The gold and snowflakes are so pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love the White and Gold theme very elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Mary! So well put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is Gorgeous Mary! I love the way the gold pops on the white embossing. Sounds like it was fun canning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and elegant creation Mary. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge this week. Good luck.

    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superbe et très élégante Mary, quelle richesse dans la texture et quelle classe, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. wao Mary you card is absolutely beautiful!!
    thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very glamorous card. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing! 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails