Friday, September 25, 2015

~Harvest Blessings~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well, we said goodbye to the summer season of 2015 and hello fall as of this past Wednesday.
 
The warm  and sunny days are continuing here in Pittsburgh. So I am still getting a lot of tomatoes from my garden. In fact, yesterday I roasted a lot of them and made a tomato pesto to serve with spaghetti noodles. It was really delicious and flavorful.
 
After roasting the tomatoes, I put them in my food processor with basil (also from our garden), garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and parmesan cheese. And, just tossed this with the spaghetti. I also grilled some marinated chicken tenders and served it on top of the pasta. I was completely satisfied with how everything turned out as well as my husband.
 
If anyone would like a more detailed recipe let me know and I will get it to you. Now onto my card for today. Speaking of harvest that is the theme of my card for today.
 
This one I made for the color challenge #548 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura was our hostess and she chose a fall palette of crushed curry, cherry cobbler, pumpkin pie, and garden green. Our option was to use leaves.
 
garden green, pumpkin pie, crushed curry, cherry cobbler

 I am a bit behind on my Thanksgiving cards and these colors are perfect for a fall card. I saved this card last year from the Kittie Kraft blog and used it as my inspiration for today's card. I eliminated her big leaves and added a wheelbarrow instead.

Used the Taylored Expressions “shade tree” die and cut with distress watercolor cardstock. I colored the tree and leaves with a blender pen and sponge daubers. Blended cherry cobbler and crushed curry together to get the look of the fall trees I see here in Pittsburgh.

My wheelbarrow and pumpkins are dies from Impression Obsession. I used the Stampin’-Up cloudy days embossing folder behind my tree and lightly sponged some pool party ink.
The wheelbarrow was the perfect spot to stamp my greeting.
 
That's my card for today my Blogger friends. Time to get busy with more canning. I am making pear butter this time around.  More on that in another post.
 
So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details: 
Stamps: bountiful harvest (Verve) 
Paper: white, cherry cobbler, crushed curry, pumpkin pie, garden green Paper Size: A2 
Ink: fired brick, hello honey distress inks (Ranger), choc chip, crushed curry (stampin’-up), tuxedo black (Memento) 
Accessories: shade tree cutting plate (Taylored Expressions), wheelbarrow, pumpkins (Impression Obsession), cloudy days ef (Stampin’-Up) 
 
I am also entering: 
1Crafting Musketeers has an autumnal colors challenge.
2DL.Art has a fall challenge
3.  Little Red Wagon has a happy fall y'all challenge.
4.  Simon Says Stamp has a no designer paper challenge
5.  Sisterhood of Crafters has a pumpkin patch challenge.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! This creation is fabulous Mary! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PUMPKIN PATCH’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon!
    Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and pretty card, I like how you framed the card to give it a beautiful fall picture effect.
    Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!
    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful fall card I love the embossing.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #165 “FALL Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall card. Nice choice of colors and great layout. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Pumpkin Patch" challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this! Awesome design! That tree looks amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with the No Patterned Paper Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Mary!! The embossing reminds me of swirling fall wind! The fun wheelbarrow is tooo cute and love your tree! A perfect fall card! You tomato pesto sounds delish, going to have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails