Saturday, July 11, 2015

class of 2015

 
Happy Saturday Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Hope your weekend is going well so far.
 
I spent last night helping my neighbor work on wedding shower invites. There was a slight error on her printed invites and she needed to add a small printed tag to add some rsvp info.
 
She printed the rsvp information and I used one of my tag dies to cut out the words. We made a small twine bow and attached it to the card. It turned out really cute. Took us until 1:00 am but they were all finished and ready for mailing today.
 
Today we had a graduation party to attend for my great niece. It was a wonderful time spent with family. My niece is an amazing story of overcoming adversity. She lost her Dad (my nephew) unexpectedly 3 years ago.
 
She even won the Amelia Earhart award her high school gives to a student who has overcome social, learning or health issues to become a better student and citizen.   She was given an HP laptop and a college scholarship award.
 
So we definitely wanted to go and celebrate with Tori. Now onto my card for today. This is the one I made to give to her. Her school colors are black & gold. I just made the card today and finished it up with only time to get a shower and head out the door.
 
I had to get a quick photo of the card before we left. No time to look at the photo and edit and take others if it didn't photo correctly. I wasn't really pleased with this photo but it's what I have to show today.
 
I decided to make her a shaker card. I added some red sequins because the school colors were just a bit dull to me. Or maybe it was the gold paper I had to use. In real life I liked how it turned out.
 
I used some MFT graduation dies to cut my hat and class of info. I cut the class of, 2015 and star with some black glitter paper I had in my stash. On the black background panel I used a stars embossing folder.
 
That's my card for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
paper: black cardstock (Stampin'-Up), gold text weight paper (The Paper Company), black glitter paper (Tessler Stamps)
Accessories: graduation accents, little numbers (MFT), sequins (Darice), Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
 

1 comment:

  1. I bet your neighbor was SO happy with the help you gave her!! Tori's card is Really awesome, I love the way you did dhe shaker and touch a glimmer, a perfect graduation card :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails