Sunday, May 17, 2015

~Starry Birthday~


 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's Sunday and I am having a day of rest.
 
I picked up some germs that the pre-school kids pass along. I seem to be a bit more susceptible this year than last. we have 1 class left and graduation then school is finished for this year.
 
Yesterday, I thought I had bronchitis with a lot of chest congestion, raspy voice and pain in the chest. I couldn't seem to cough up the congestion, it was just laying in my chest. I guess that's the reason I had the pain. When I finally decided I should go to the MedExpress Urgent Care, it was closed.
 
But what I did throughout the day was to take lots of Vitamin C. I made a warm water drink that was infused with a tablespoon of fresh chopped ginger and honey. I made that infusion 3x yesterday. At night I boiled some water and put some Vicks Vapor Rub in it since I didn't have any Peppermint or Eucalyptus oil and did a homemade breathing treatment.
 
I woke up this morning and the chest pain was gone. The congestion loosened up overnight. Thank the Lord!!! I still have a raspy voice and congestion but I can live with that. I am continuing to take the Vitamin C and the ginger and honey drink. I was all set to go to the MedExpress Urgent care facility to see a doctor this morning, but I don't think I need one now. I just feel like I have a cold.
 
So now onto my card for today. This one I created for the Color Challenge #530 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and my color palette was a send-off for the retiring Stampin'-Up in-colors.
 
I chose coastal cabana, crisp cantaloupe, baked brown sugar, pistachio pudding and strawberry slush. You had the option of using just 2 colors or all 5 of them. The optional element this week is to use bakers twine or sequins in the in-colors.
 
  
coastal cabana, crisp cantaloupe, baked brown sugar, pistachio pudding, strawberry slush


My birthday card stash is low so I decided to go that route with this card. My inspiration for this card came from this card. I changed the colors and added a die cut word and used a different birthday stamp.

My card base is from one of the Stampin'-Up Paper Pumpkin Kits. My stars are cut with the Stampin-Up star framelits dies, the stars from the MFT blueprints 18 dies and the starry night die from Verve.

The happy word is die cut with the MFT happy trio die. I cut 2 in strawberry slush and layered them for a bit more dimension.

The birthday word is stamped in baked brown sugar ink and I used the See Ya Later set from Stampin-Up.

Well that's my card for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: See Ya Later 
Paper: baked brown sugar, coastal cabana, strawberry slush, pistachio pudding, Paper Pumpkin Kit card base 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: baked brown sugar 
Accessories: Star Framelits (Stampin’Up), blueprints 18 & hello trio dies (MFT), Starry Die (Verve)   

I am also entering:
1.  Crafting For all Seasons has a birthday challenge with 4 of something. I have 4 stripes on my card stock base.
2.  Curtain Call has a totally tassel challenge. The tassel colors are a perfect match for colors I used.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your fun Birthday card Mary! The colors are delicious and all the different stars make it delightful!! Will be praying for you, Take care of yourself, bronchitis sure is a zapper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant starry card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the star dies! Looks quite fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the layered stars and the watercolor stripes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails