Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Little Shabby Chic

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Things have been quite busy in the Marsh household these past few weeks.
 
Life can sometimes get in the way of pursuing my passion of card making. But, I am hoping that there will be a bit of settling and my routine can return to something a bit more on my normal terms (lol).
 
My preschool year is drawing to a close so quickly. We have only 3 more weeks of school left. The kids are preparing for their graduation on May 21. They are learning some new songs to be sung for the parents that night. 
 
This group really likes going onto the stage to sing for their parents. They aren't shy and really get animated. I will miss this class. Next year all but 2 of them will move up to the 3 day program. We will have a new class that I am sure I will love just as much as this one.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Color Challenge #527 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was the hostess and she chose the color palette of wild wasabi, pink pirouette and sahara sand. Our option was to make a shabby chic card.
 
wild wasabi, pink pirouette, sahara sand

The colors and option this week are out of my stamping element. But, that's what makes you expand as a stamper- right???  I jumped right in and made a shabby chic card and a mixed media one at that. It took me awhile to finish it but when it was done I was pleased with the outcome.

I used some sahara sand designer paper from the Stampin-Up "thoroughly modern" collection. I lightly sponged a little pink pirouette ink and stamped some text in the corners using the Stampabilities faded background text stamp.

And, then I flicked gesso onto the designer paper with a toothbrush. Used my TH paper distresser for the designer paper  and the sahara sand layer.

I purchased a shabby chic kit from the Funkie Junkie years ago and never used it. Why I would buy it when I don't do that style of card I am not sure. But, it was here for me for today's project.

There was an image, seam binding and lace in the kit that I used on this card. I cut the image down with a circle die and then layered it on a Cherry Lynn Designs die in pink pirouette.

Made the bow, added the lace, some paper and silk flowers and the decorative corner element to complete my card. 
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: background faded text (Stampabilities) 
Paper: pink pirouette, sahara sand, thoroughly modern dsp (Stampin-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: choc chip, pink pirouette 
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B, Cherry Lynn Designs polynesian sails die and lace corner deco dies, lace and seam binding (May Arts), flowers (unknown), pearls (Darice}, paper distresser (Tim Holtz) T
Techniques: mixed media, shabby chic 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Mary! Love the softness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW Mary, that is one GORgeous card!! the colors, image and lace all combine to make a wonderful vintage card! Enjoy your last days with you little kidos :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails