Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mitten Thanks

 
Hello Blogger Friends!! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had a bit of snow this morning. Not much just a light dusting of that really wet and heavy stuff.
 
It was enough to keep people away from the gym. Which was good for our exercise group. There were only 3 of us today, but we didn't have to wait in any area where we were working out.
 
I did not gain any weight over Christmas and I attribute it all to going to the gym 3x a week. Because I certainly had my share of sweet treats over the holidays. But, its time now to get back to a more healthier eating routine. It's amazing how quick you can revert to old habits that are not healthy.
 
Tonight for dinner I am making some salmon, roasted vegetables and a salad. I wanted to make cauliflower but I didn't go to the store after the gym. So instead I will roast some carrots and possibly some cabbage. Roasted cabbage really brings out the sweetness especially when I brush it with coconut oil.
 
Now let's get onto my card for today. This is a perfect project to show on a wintry and snowy day. I made it for the Color Challenge #512 on Splitcoaststampers. Becky was our hostess and she chose blushing bride, rich razzleberry and mossy meadow as her colors. The option is to do some dry embossing.
 
blushing bride, rich razzleberry and mossy meadow

I needed some thank you notes for some gifts I received from my Preschool kids. So I decided to do some mitten thank you cards. I ended up making 5 of these but I didn't take photos of the other 2. 

My mitten is a die from Spellbinders. I cut in white and then layered rich razzleberry, blushing bride and mossy meadow card stocks on top.
To create the mitten cuffs, I used designer paper from the Stampin-Up in-color and polka dot parade collections. I used the square lattice embossing folder on 2 of the mitten cuffs.

Added some snowflakes, my thanks word and a bit of ribbon to complete my project.
The snowflakes are a punch from Marvy-Uchida and the "thanks word" is a die from Taylored Expressions. 
I really like how these turned out. So cute to give to a 3 year old and their family. Well that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: WW Rich Razzleberry, blushing bride, mossy meadow, in-color dsp (Stampin-Up) Accessories: Mitten die (Spellbinders) snowflake punch (Marvy-Uchida), thanks die (Taylored Expressions), square lattice ef (Stampin-Up), rich razzleberry and blushing bride ribbon  
 
I am also entering:
1.  Deep Ocean Challenge Blog has a winter dreams challenge.
2Inky Chicks has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Tuesday Throwdown is to use embossing.  I used embossing folder's on my mitten cuffs.
4.  My Craft Creations has an anything goes challenge.
5.  The Crazy Challenge has an embossing challenge.   

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet project, Mary. I just had to be a follower.... the cuteness made me do it! LOL. Lovely colours and details. Thanks for “Embossing” along with us over at Tuesday Throwdown.
    hugs and blessings, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet project. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails