Sunday, November 30, 2014

HYCCT1429 ~Grateful~

 
 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog this thanksgiving weekend. Hope your celebration was a great one.
 
We had a wonderful time with family and lots of delicious food. I spent a couple of days in prep work for the feast and all day in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. But, it was so worth it to be able to bless my family. And, all of them are so appreciative of the time we have together as well as the fabulous dinner they are served.
 
Now, the Christmas rush will begin. I have done lots of shopping already and I was out on Black Friday. I don't mind the crowds and there are lots of deals to be found.
 
For my card today, I am showing one last thanksgiving card. The word on this sums up how I feel about my family. So grateful for each one of them.
 
On this card I used the Stampin-Up set "fantastic foliage" and stamped a leaf background with cajun craze and wild honey inks.

I used the Cuttlebug folder "autumn type" for my middle panel. The "grateful" word is cut from the PTI "count your blessings" die in cajun craze and choc chip card stock.

The maple leaf is cut from a Spellbinders die and I sponged these distress inks over it-peeled paint, fired brick, rusty hinge and wild honey. I rubbed some Versamark over that and then used clear embossing powder and embossed it. IRL it is really shiny. I like the way it turned out. I saw this technique used by Kittie747 on her blog.

Finished my card by adding some peach parfait ribbon. That's my card for this today. It's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time .......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: fantastic foliage (Stampin-Up) 
Paper: peach parfait, choc chip, cajun craze, ww, Paper Size: A2
Ink: cajun craze, wild honey, peeled paint, fired brick, rusty hinge 
Accessories: Cuttlebug Autumn Type EF, Spellbinders maple leaf die, PaperTrey Ink count your blessings die


2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Mary! Love the dimension and texture! The leaf colors are so real looking! Love the shadow effect to the grateful word, too! Yes....I spent a lot of time doing prep work as well as all day in the kitchen Thursday and some of Friday. I do love it, though! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary!! I love the background and the pretty leaf. A perfect card of thanks! Glad you had a great family time together :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails